• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whats to do in Pensacola

Status
Not open for further replies.

LolitaJms

Hey Everyone,
I just got in Pensacola. My hubby is gonna be a NFO, and im stuck here as well. I was wondering whats to do around here? It seems to me like everything closes at 9.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seville, Destin, Biloxi, New Orleans, gun range (ok ok, my own personal hobby)...um...go to the beach...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yup, Seville Quarter definitely closes later than 9.
icon_smile.gif

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yup, definitely closes later than 9 :) I didn't get home till 4 on Saturday...though Waffle House was involved...beacon to all drunkards everywhere!

unfUSN

Try looking on pensacola.com if you haven't already. Good luck. There's usually something going on in town somewhere... you might just have to start trying new things i.e. the rodeo, ice hockey, art auctions, crapolo like that.

LTJG Payne

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If Ice Hockey is new to anyone, you're wrong, so wrong....so wrong beyond words...

By the way, Ice Pilots is a good time, they usually have some fights, good action, and it's just fun. Your husband should enjoy it, maybe you too, I see LOTS of women there.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Originally posted by Fly Navy
Yup, definitely closes later than 9 :) I didn't get home till 4 on Saturday...though Waffle House was involved...beacon to all drunkards everywhere!

waffle house!! lol. Last time i was on the east coast, I was amazed at how many of these there were

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah you don't see it in New England. In fact, in reality, IHOP is LEAGUES BETTER than Waffle House...but Waffle House is open all night.

DairyCreamer

We have a 24 hour IHOP right here in Boulder :) Yay for college towns. WaHo, yes, sucks in comparison, at least up here. Really expensive for crappier food. Not to say IHOP is the best food on earth either, but still :)

~Nate

Originally posted by Fly Navy
Yeah you don't see it in New England. In fact, in reality, IHOP is LEAGUES BETTER than Waffle House...but Waffle House is open all night.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Farva: "Does that look like spit to you?"
Thorny: "Yeah."
Farva: "Okay." *eats burger*

NavyWife2001

Hey Lolita,
I will be moving to Pensacola March 1, my hubby is a candi-o right now at OCS, then he starts IFS, then API and so on. We will probably be there for at least 15 months with all of the waits between everything. E-mail me sometime, so we can chat.....the more the merrier!
As for the frat boys, I can't believe ya'll were sober enough to remember what was down the street from your frat house! :) (I was a former sorority chick myself!)
Nic <><

cricechex

Yeah, what were you thinking Navy wife, 99.9999% isn't ALL the time! J/J Patmack,
Anyways, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the absolute coolest thing to do at P'cola, come on, I believe it takes place every Thursday morning, during the winter anyway. Any guesses??
hm...can you say Blue Angels!!!

jthorp

Lolita,
Pensacola's more fun when it's warm out. The beach is absolutely beautiful, as you've probably already seen. It's pretty fun to go to Flounders, play some volleyball, and occasionally crash in on the winging party of someone you don't know for the free beer (ha ha. .we never did that
eyebrows_125.gif
I promise!)
Also, for a good reasonably priced dinner, check out Gus' Shuck Shack. It's on the bay off the Scenic Hwy. It's more fun when you can sit out on the deck and overlook the bay, regardless, they have really good seafood.
goldfish_125.gif

Girls at my dance studio told me that there is a swing dance and class every Friday night maybe at the VFW? (I never got lucky enough to go, though-you gotta be able to talk your man in to doing that one!)

Nic,
which sorority? I'm always looking for fellow sisters!!

Status
Not open for further replies.