• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

whats sweepers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunedan said:
My parents have this little "music box" of a hobo that plays revillie on his trumpet. When I visit, they think it's funny to wake me up with it. I think they're taking their lives into their own hands...

Holly **** that isn't funny at all. Do they also kick trash cans while screaming wake up and shoving you into war lockers?

SWOdogJon

Enlightened follower of the SWOness
ET1.Colon said:
At least when you guys graduate, and are officially commisioned as zeros, you'll never have to do sweepers if you go to a boat.

What is a zero? I am not an aviator. And you are damn right about never having to do sweepers again. I hated the four hour field days I did when I was enlisted. :icon_shoo

SWOdogJon

iluvpoopies said:
Holly **** that isn't funny at all. Do they also kick trash cans while screaming wake up and shoving you into war lockers?

STAND BY.................STAND BY! :icon_king

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
SWOdogJon said:
What is a zero? I am not an aviator. And you are damn right about never having to do sweepers again. I hated the four hour field days I did when I was enlisted. :icon_shoo

I think he means Os, as in Officers.

SWOdogJon

I BE CORRECT. I have been in the Navy six years and I have never ever heard officers referred to as "zeros". Must be a surface fleet thing.

jg5343

pilot
SWOdogJon said:
I BE CORRECT. I have been in the Navy six years and I have never ever heard officers referred to as "zeros". Must be a surface fleet thing.

What, you got wax in your ears or something?

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
Hoo-ya also appears to be a Marine term (DI's say it a lot). What do Marines and Submarines have in common?

jg5343

pilot
NOOO! Marines say Hoo-rah! Navy special programs say Hoo-ya! It has nothing to do with being on a submarine. It has to do with being a Diver/SEAL/EOD guy. I think Hoo-ya! is the most universal word I have ever used in my life. Could be anything you want it to be. Hoo-ya, deep sea!!

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
jg5343 said:
NOOO! Marines say Hoo-rah! Navy special programs say Hoo-ya! It has nothing to do with being on a submarine. It has to do with being a Diver/SEAL/EOD guy. I think Hoo-ya! is the most universal word I have ever used in my life. Could be anything you want it to be. Hoo-ya, deep sea!!

Ok, gotcha....I was just wondering because he said he had something in his Hoo-ya, and I was going to recommend that he go see a Doctor...sounds pretty nasty.

SWOdogJon

It is a term I picked up at dive school. I have no idea what the literal meaning is, everybody just says it, and JG is right, it means whatever you want it to mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.