• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What's so cool about supply?

rhollin1

Cool sites?

Anyone know of any good Supply Corp sites? I have found the main ones, but I'm looking for personal sites about Supply Corp.

Thanks

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

sipelle

I'm applying for intel and supply, intel seems interesting, supply seems like it could be interesting. Ive read different things in different places. I read somewhere i'll be a food service manager, I read elsewhere that I'll be evaluating government contracts for major purchases. What determins where you end up if you go supply? What are some examples of career progressions that anyone has experienced? Whats a typical time frame for having an entry level job, before you get to do the more exciting work? How high can you climb with supply? What is the most exciting supply job you've heard of someone having? Thanks for you help. I want to join the navy, just don't want a lame job.

Kycntryboy

pilot
sipelle said:
... What determins where you end up if you go supply? ... What is the most exciting supply job you've heard of someone having?
Where you finish in supply school...
There is a suppo for the Blue Angels.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
The job is what you make of it. There are some great billets out there, and some not so great ones. This applies to every designator, not just supply.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
when I went to MEPS a fellow Marine OC hopefull who was applying for ground was telling me that Logistics (supply) was one of the more sought after MOS' because it translates really well to the civilian world once you get out.

Take that for what its worth though..

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
sipelle said:
What's so cool about Supply??

ANSWER: You never run out of these:
van_camp_s_pork_beans_15z_w.jpg
montage.jpg
frenchcutporkchop.jpg
toiletpaper-h225.gif

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
As I said to Ky, when he joked about wanting to go to a "Supply Show" as we pulled into the Punta Gorda Air Show to see the Blue Angels:

"Kinda hard to fly anywhere without fuel, isn't it?" :D

There's plenty of cool stuff to do as a SuppO...and the Blue Angel billet is, in my opinion, one of the coolest of the cool things to get into. In fact, that's my goal after my first or second tour. I think I can do it...I can go the distance.

*cue the Rocky theme*

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
metro said:
As I said to Ky, when he joked about wanting to go to a "Supply Show" as we pulled into the Punta Gorda Air Show to see the Blue Angels:

"Kinda hard to fly anywhere without fuel, isn't it?" :D

There's plenty of cool stuff to do as a SuppO...and the Blue Angel billet is, in my opinion, one of the coolest of the cool things to get into. In fact, that's my goal after my first or second tour. I think I can do it...I can go the distance.

*cue the Rocky theme*
I can't speak for the Blues, but normal squadrons don't have SUPOs. Aviation is a whole other ball of wax. It's mostly a surface thing, although I had a friend who was a sub SUPO - much more responsibility and autonomy.

Brett

metro

I think there has to be a SuppO somewhere in the chain for providing aviation squadrons with fuel/parts/materials/basic human function items...am I wrong?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
metro said:
I think there has to be a SuppO somewhere in the chain for providing aviation squadrons with fuel/parts/materials/basic human function items...am I wrong?

Yeah, a friend of mine just retired as a SuppO O-6. He might have gotten a star --- but his (rich) wife wanted him O-U-T of the Nav. I met him when he was Supply-O for NAS Whidbey --- he had a great job. Had his fingers into everything on the base. He later got into the Fleet POL stuff with CinCPac and DC --- retired and is now "well compensated" working for an oil company. Not too bad for a guy who didn't have the eyes to fly ....

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
metro said:
Not for O or I level maintenance. Like I said, aviation supply is a whole other ball of wax.

Brett

metro

Brett, care to elaborate on that? I'm genuinely curious (since it's what I'm going into, after all. :D ) about anything or any info someone can give about Supply stuff...oh, and what is O or I level maintenance?