• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whats on Form 1 ASTB, Taken July 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

chelu55

Well, I figure I better help others reguarding the ASTB, like many have for me. I just got done with Form 1 and heres what to expect. Forget about ARCO except for practice for spacial App. All the Mathmatical information is in Marine Study Guide. The exact question from the Guide to the test are12-21,24-26,30,33,34,40,44 (Numbers 34,40 and 44 are not exact numbers but same concept).

For mechanical Comprehension I would study more than just the handout. But questions on the test in some way or form are 6,11,16-21,23,25,31,34. Some questions that are not on the test are:

1.which way do you the wheels face on a car if you want the trailer attached to go right(car is reversing)?

2.when standing on a scale in a elevator, when is your weight the greatist? Going up or down

3. when air is flowing past an airfoil, the force on the airfoil is ? at the tip of the leading edge, going up,or going down

For the aviation/Nautical information, study all parts of a boat and plane. Questions on the test include:15,33,35,37,38,40,45,47,49-53.

Questions not on the handout include:
1. when is a helo most likely to stall
2. what is the cabin pressure of a cocpit
3. some thing about using the sun(noon secton) at high noon and what is its purpose? for latitude or long. direction, for navigation ect.

As far as the spactial App. go to the forum "Exactly what to expect for Spatial Apperecption" and do what the guy says (note cards on 45 degree angles out to sea that include diving, climbing, banking)
In other words STUDY the handout in this website. Cant stress it enough. It helped out alot

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Much thanks on the great gouge! Do you have the answers to these questions?

Questions not on the handout include:
1. when is a helo most likely to stall
2. what is the cabin pressure of a cocpit
3. some thing about using the sun(noon secton) at high noon and what is its purpose? for latitude or long. direction, for navigation ect.

How did you do on it?

chelu55

I dont have the answers to these questions. I guess thats why I remembered them. I'm sure they are somewhere on the internet.

I think I did pretty good. The gouge stuff helped out alot. So I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.