• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whats NSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NavyOCS

I heard that Navy req's 70. Marines 35. Is this true and how do I interpret these numbers. What do they mean?

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
what do you mean by req 70 and 35?
NSS is the numerical score you get in flight school. I think the min to pass primary for the navy is a 30 and the marines require a 35.

If your next question is what is required to get jets... it changes every week, no one can tell you that. Historically speaking though, >50 is the min for both services.

hellodollies

Heres an easy way to figure your NSS...

take your grade on the FRR exam in API and divide it by your current PRT score, then take the sum of all your CPT grades and multiply it by the number of 4's you get on FAM 7, then subract your grade on the flight line drivers course exam from 49.5 and add it to the current total, finally take this and multiply by your onwings LT ranking and you should have a pretty good idea of how your doing

Reactions: bch

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
GoshHawkeye said:
Heres an easy way to figure your NSS...

take your grade on the FRR exam in API and divide it by your current PRT score, then take the sum of all your CPT grades and multiply it by the number of 4's you get on FAM 7, then subract your grade on the flight line drivers course exam from 49.5 and add it to the current total, finally take this and multiply by your onwings LT ranking and you should have a pretty good idea of how your doing

You forgot to divide by the number of times your IP says "I've got controls."

Seriously though, NSS is basically a ranking against the other students that select the same week you do. It theoretically ranges from 30 to 80, with 50 being the mean score (in a mathmatical, not emotionally distressing sense). The fact is, you really can't make much sense of it until you select, and no sense at all of it until you are at Primary, so try not to worry about it too much.

I tried to figure mine out as much as possible beforehand and it cannot be done. The best you can hope for is to get some clue about your standing versus the people who you know (and are willing to share their raw score with you), but unless you know everyone at all 4 Primary locations (P'cola, Corpus, Vance, and Moody) you aren't going to know anything for sure. As sson as you think you know what's up, some joker who was laid off at Delta will come in and blow the program away with an 80 NSS, and you'll still be left sucking wind.

Again, once you get to Primary all will become clear (as mud).

Status
Not open for further replies.