• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What's Next?

aodell

TW-2
What about after OCS? The steps from OCS to API are unclear to me.

Graduate OCS, report down here, dodge the NAMI whammy, get measured and hopefully not get anthro-ed out of any platforms, do DIVOLC (week-l0ng leadership course), do IFS if you need it, then class up for API! Oh, and enjoy the process. It actually can be pretty enjoyable, with OCS graduation, first civilian solo, and that first Flight Suit Friday. Pretty good feelings, all of those.

deadweather

Pro-Rec SNA & SNFO
Graduate OCS, report down here, dodge the NAMI whammy, get measured and hopefully not get anthro-ed out of any platforms, do DIVOLC (week-l0ng leadership course), do IFS if you need it, then class up for API! Oh, and enjoy the process. It actually can be pretty enjoyable, with OCS graduation, first civilian solo, and that first Flight Suit Friday. Pretty good feelings, all of those.

Thank you. That is a lot of help. I will need IFS. Are there any times for leave between OCS and IFS or between IFS and API?

Crain

OCS Nov 11th Pro-Rec SNA July 2012
I have my Private Pilots License but I got it back when I was 17 and haven't kept it current much at all. Fast forward 7 years without much flying and I'm Pro-rec'ed SNA.

Can I still option to go to IFS to get current or is it set in stone if you have your PPL you skip IFS?

MasterBates

EVERYONE goes to API.

IFS you will probably skip. You MAY be accelerated in Primary, but I don't know current policy.

I had a Commercial Helo license when I started primary (pre-IFS) and was accelerated. I don't reccomend it.

Crain

OCS Nov 11th Pro-Rec SNA July 2012
Sorry I meant IFS

Can I ask to attend IFS or would you recommend skipping IFS if possible?

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
if you have your ppl, you will skip ifs. the navy will not pay for training you have already received