• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whats next in the process?

pensfan341

Hey guys,

I took the ASTB on Wednesday...should be getting the results back in a couple days.

I am currently working on my application. Trying to get all my transcripts and scores sent to my recruiter. Asking people to write my LOR.

Is the only thing that I have left to do getting the physical and passing the physical tests?

If so, can someone explain the process? I know I am supposed to run 1.5 miles and do push ups and sit ups. but is there anything else about the process I should go in prepared for?

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Did you not do your ASTB via computer?

Anyways, have you gotten your SF86 (security clearance) done? That is the next big thing I would think.

Yeah after that its MEPS and then the PRT. However you don't have to have those done to go before the board, although every NRD is different. For Denver, I did.

As for the PRT, depending on your age group, you'll have to get a GOOD LOW on the PRT in order to pass. So that's X number of Pushups and Situps each in 2 minutes and then running the 1.5 mi in a good time for your age.

As for MEPS.....well, MEPS is MEPS. Its a giant day of the extensive physical (excluding the flight physical) that you'll probably have ever been given. Breathalyzer, Drug Test, HIV test, Hearing & Vision, Height & Weight, one on one consult w/ a doc about past medical history, underwear olympic, and the duckwalk are some of the things that await you in the land of awesomeness that is MEPS.

pensfan341

Thanks for the response.

How do I go about getting my security clearance?

and how long do you figure MEPS would last?

Sorry, my recruiter is unreachable at this moment and I have these questions...

nikiterp86

Pro-rec'd INTEL!!!!!
For the security clearance, you have to fill out the SF-86 online through a system called NASIS. You can't do that until your recruiter gives you your log-in. You're going to have to put all the jobs you've had, places you've lived, etc for the past 10 years (I think the SF-86 on NASIS asks for 7 years, but the investigator told me that that's the old form- he asked me for more when I met with him), and people who can verify this. You also have to list all your foreign travel, foreign contacts/relatives, any time you've spent living abroad... So start figuring that out now. It's a PITA. Later, you'll have to meet with an investigator to discuss your SF-86 and investigators will call all your contacts.

MEPS is typically an all day process, but it depends on how busy they are at the given time.

Krafty1

Head in the clouds
If you have had any surgeries or medical procedures you'll want to start tracking down copies of those records. You need a copy of your birth certificate as well and it couldn't hurt to at least know where your original social security card is (I was asked to have it but never ended up needing it for MEPS).

Also when you are filling out the NASIS forms don't leave any gaps in time. For example, if you have any times of unemployment between jobs, include that in your application.