• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whats going on with the sims?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedyJ

SNA, Meridian
Anyone know what's going on in Meridian with sim slots? I heard that pool students are getting observed practice sims as well as unobserved practice sim slots. No wonder it has been such a pain to get a practice sim lately. I realize they don't want to just give these guys/gals a two to three month paid vacation, but isn't it more important for those studs actually in the program to get the practice they need. If the pool guys want sims they should be the ones showing up at 0445!

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
oh waa waa, try sitting on your ass for 8 months while your skills go down the drain

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
speaking of sims, does K-rock have any t-45c sims yet? and any word on when (if) the C's will hit the flightline there?

s/f

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ya, we got 2 charlie sims and one bird of our own. There are 2 C's on loan from MEI till we start getting our own factory-fresh ones round about Oct/Nov, then Meridian will take them back. Of course, the only things they use the Chucks for are/were gun leads and form leads (no more guns). The first C class won't start for a LONG time seeing as almost no instructors are qual'd in it -- Jan at the earliest is what I heard once. Sure would be nice to fly one though. Some buddies have hopped in the C in a form lead to get FSLs, but they say it will really jack up your scan. Heck, it'd be nice if they'd just adapt some of the C sim stuff to the A sim like the scenery and computers -- All satellite graphics and digital control.

And Punk, I've said this before in person... but once you start learning new skills, they will diminish faster w/o practice. You're not losing that much primary knowledge and you'll still have plenty of sim time in ground school -- I didn't do but 1 sim before I classed up. So yes, sim time IS more important to those of us in the jet.

trt23

the reason pool students are getting observed practice sims is because the squadrons were unable to provide enough students for sim instruction about a month ago, and hence lots of the sim instructors were not getting paid.

so anyways, the commodore comes up with the plan to put these pre-pool guys in to fill the slots, but then all of a sudden the squadrons open up again and need more sims. end result.... lack of practice sims.

that's how mr. stenman explained it anyways....

RumorBuster

Old Warrior
Patmack18 said:
We're not taking up that much time.... I've got over a month until ground school, haven't flown since April, and they only schedule us as long as there are no other students that come before us. i.e. scheduled students going through the syllabus. And it's only 8 short sims... CO, learn the sids, shoot a few approaches. Even though we haven't even started training, we still get lit up by guys like Douglass though.. go figure. Makes it fun! Any MEI studs... read my other post about meridian please...
Patmack,

Stop the boobies.....LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.