• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What would you do if your plane was hijacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
I saw this topic posted on airliners.net and felt as though it would be a good one for here. I'll start it off with this response and see how many more good ones people can come up with. As one guy put it when asked this question, his response is:

"I'd be forced to roll out my keg of whoopass and tap dat shizzle." :icon_smil

Come on folks, I know we can get creative after that one. Serious replies also welcomed.

stevew

I knew a girl who whenever she flew she refused to sit in an aisle seat. Her logic was that if the plane was hijacked and they started executing passengers, the first ones they would take would be the ones in the aisle seats.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
The christmas after Sep. 11 I flew cross country to be with family. I wore my leather motorcycle jacket and put my gloves in my personal carry-on. My thinking was box-cutters in no way can get through that leather, so I could use my hands all I wanted. Remember, I was just a paranoid 20 year old kid. I look back (and laugh) and though it was a very naieve(sp) idea, at the time I think I was justified.

CavemanOgg

Do some crazy aerobatics and smack em around a bit. I guess you'd probably have to accept some collateral damage what with unbuckled passengers but whatever....

cricechex

I most certainly would not let them get to the cockpit...That is the dumbest thing to do...I think back to John McCain's book, "Faith of My Fathers". That was really inspiring. I would do everything in my power to keep them from achieving their goal. You would have to realize, in a situation like that, that you are already dead, so you might as well make the best of it.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Exactly. As a passenger, if they do get to the cockpit, I want to be bleeding to death on the floor when they do. Think about it. The hijackers are likely outnumbered anyway, which means they rely on intimidation to achieve their goal. Get a few guys bigger than they are (wait, that probably wouldn't be me, oh well) willing to put up a fight and I'd say your odds of survival just went way up.

As for if I was in the cockpit, yeah, buckle up and give 'em the business! :mischievo

46Driver

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gon
CavemanOgg said:
Do some crazy aerobatics and smack em around a bit. I guess you'd probably have to accept some collateral damage what with unbuckled passengers but whatever....

Careful with the airplane. You don't want to snap off the rudder like the Airbus in New York City 3 years ago - and that was just wake turbulence.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
I'd take em all down...none of this die trying stuff...I'd take em all out. Why believe that you'd do anything else? ;)

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
of course once you have them subdued, I think it would be cool if you could tie them to the tail of the plane by some method...just think how much they'd enjoy landing like that.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
or tie them to a seat and slit their throats...

but some retard would then try you for murder in the States.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
The "stay away from the aisle" doctrine surprised me. An aisle seat toward the middle or front give the best chance of being able to fight back. That's why hijackers will move young men to the window seats.

Things have changed since 9-11. They're not going to just take the plane to Lebanon or Cuba or whereever. You've got to take your spork and try to do something.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Actually, I'd let phrogdriver keep his spork and use my own. Two armed people are better than one! :icon_tong

Status
Not open for further replies.