• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What was your prior rate?

What was your prior rate?

• ET/FC

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Nuke

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Engineering (EN,GS, etc)

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Supply/Admin (YN, SK, CS, SH, etc)

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Aviation

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Other

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Prior other service

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornetframer

Rhino WSO
None
AM1... guess I am the one and few aviation guys around. OH WELL... Remember Airframers, Mechs, and AMEs are your best friends when you get to your squadron.

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
EODDave said:
Went to GM school to get a rate then EOD for the rest of my enlisted life.

Same for me, except I went Deep Sea. Why can't I take a Diver exam to advance?

twidget

Deskaholic
Hey Chief, didn't you have to crossrate from Oarsman First Class when wind power came along? :eyebrows_

Hey, where'd all these aviators come from? Guess that's to be expected since I lumped the whole aviation community into one line, and this is an aviation related forum.

navyjeff94

Final Select for Supply - 23 Apr 05 class
I used to be a YN. I was on the GEORGE WASHINGTON (Air, Safety, and Supply Department) for about five years and then went to Navy Recruiting for four years in Michigan where I worked at a MEPS.

I left the Navy from there and have done nothing but go to school and enjoy time with my kids.

I was recently pro'recd for Supply on December 7th and am still waiting for my date to go to OCS.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

nfo2b

Well, not anymore... :(
twidget said:
This is a survey about Naval Officers with prior enlisted time.

Making a response to another post, I said I thought ETs and FCs put more people into commissioning programs than any other rates. Just thought I'd put up a poll to find out about the people on this site. On another day, I might go through all the old ECP, SN2ADM, and Academy selection messages and actually count it up, but today is not that day.
Well, I'm not up to snuff on the current numbers, but it is a well known fact (among just about every officer I've had a STA-21 convo with) that the highest percentage of applicants accepted belongs to the Nuke community. This doesn't mean that Nukes supply the most OC's--it just means that Nukes that do apply have much greater chances of getting picked up.
Draw your own conclusions... ;)

flynsail

pilot
Real Men = RM. I was part of the RM "21" program. Half of my "A" school dealt with DP stuff, and we spent the last half on RM stuff. My orders to my first PermDutSta was to fill a DP billet.

Eventually, they changed the rate to IT and I was an IT2 when discharged to attend NROTC.

Twidget,

Should you decide to look at those old messages, keep in mind that those are just people that were selected. That does not take into account those that did not accept, were attrited, etc.,.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Well, ET/FC (2 rates) is still ahead of Nuke (like 4 or 5 rates, right?) and Aviation (like 10 rates) ... I'd hate to think what it would look like with each rate broken down (no I wouldn't, I'm proud of my ex-rate) ... looks like we'd be way ahead. :icon_smil

boobcheese

There are actually 3 seperate nuke ratings and I believe there are signifiganly more ET/FC's in the navy as a whole than there are nukes. Keep in mind also that this is an aviation based forum and that most nukes end up going back as nuke officers(must be the money because I'm pretty sure its not job satisfaction) and I doubt if there are many individuals planning on going subs trolling this site. So while ET/FC's are leading in this poll I don't think that it is a accurate representation of the bigger picture.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Haha ... well fair enough, but can't I just be happy about my rate winning? Isn't it all about the competition? I'm just going to pretend that I didn't read your post, then all will be well in my little world. :)

Beefalo

Maybe you should clump AT into ET/FC. They basically do the samething right except the work is on aircraft electronics? My first choice was AT but got ET/FC instead.

etnuclearsailor

STA 21 Nuclear OC
Several ratings have been squished into ET lately. Somehow QMs were made into ET's. I'm surprised FC even exists as its own rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.