• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

what was your GPA when you applied?

NightStalker62

i made a past thread about your major when you applied and i was wondering what your gpa was at the time you applied? the only reason i am asking is because i see a couple people with gpas of 3.5 or 3.4 and it discourages me a lot since i just finished my first semester of college with a gpa of 2.5 and i feel like complete crap. so i guess i want to know what you gpas were when you applied to the bdcp and i sure as hell know that i have to pick up my game the next couple of semesters to catch up. i almost discourage myself since i dont think it will be possible to get anything over a 3.0 gpa the upcoming semester but i guess i discourage myself most of the time but the spring semester begins next week and i need to find some motivation for myself.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Now is the time to pull up your GPA. You have what...15, 16 credits completed? Buckle down, you've still got some time before you can even apply for BDCP. Let's just say it'll suck if you still have a 2.5 at the end of your sophomore year, and you a 3.6 pulls you up to like, 2.7.

If you need to motivate yourself, there are a bunch of college grads who are unemployed each year, probably because they coasted through college and never really asserted themselves. Don't let that happen to you.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
I had a 3.6, if I remember correctly, in Business Management...accepted for Supply, obviously.

NightStalker62

joboy i dont want anything as puch as a 4.0 this semester but its hard to put that into my head. all i really want is a 3.0 cumulative after this semester but i would love more. i will try my hardest but i seem to be a doowner and i had so much trouble last semester and i need to turn that around.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I had a 3.8 GPA Aerospace Engineering, ASTB 60 8/8/8. Denied SNA, selected Supply. As I learned, GPA isn't nearly everything. In fact, a killer package isn't nearly everything. In my humble opinion 80% of getting selected is all in the Navy's needs. Timing and numbers man, timing and numbers. THAT is the name of the game. Good luck man, and don't give up.

Kycntryboy

pilot
3.33 in Agricultural Biotechnology picked up for BDCP SNA. 6/7/7 OAR 56 I believe (two years ago).
Edit: Was on the Football team when selected I know that helped ALOT.

oztin79

NightStalker62 said:
joboy i dont want anything as puch as a 4.0 this semester but its hard to put that into my head. all i really want is a 3.0 cumulative after this semester but i would love more. i will try my hardest but i seem to be a doowner and i had so much trouble last semester and i need to turn that around.
Make the decision not to accept anything below a 4.0 and you'll be impressed by your graduating GPA. I graduated with a 3.94 in Foreign Policy and English Literature in December (was Valedictorian, albeit in a small class of 250, and note my liberal arts majors). If a professor was new to me or notoriously difficult, I'd usually see him or her in their office at the beginning of the semester and ask what needed to be done in the class for an A (with sincerely though; not as some disgusting suck-up). That way they know (1) you're serious/confident and (2) the grade they're going to give you as long as you perform according to their directives. The majority of professors are impressed by sh-t like that (in my experience, anyway). Another point is what I told my younger sister (who is struggling with a lack of academic inspiration in college): Extra credit shouldn't really be considered optional...if it's offered, it gets done. It's a just little extra leverage at the end of the semester.

Maybe the best reason to do well is that CNRC actively rewards BDCP OCs. For example, CNRC promoted me to E-5 from E-3 yesterday. That more than pays for the new iPod I was feeling guilty about buying last weekend (by the way, Apple offers a decent active-duty discount).

Graduating with top honors isn't that hard...it's a decision. It also pays pretty well and everyone's heard your name at the command when the quarterly reports are published.