• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What to send a deployed spouse?

Ektar

Brewing Pilot
pilot
I think someone mentioned coffee. Definitely, if deployed spouse is a coffee fiend. Most boats, you get the crap Navy coffee, which neither tastes good nor supples the requisite buzz. IKE at least had a captain who was a feind, and the wardroom had Starbucks in the pots. Win!

Starbucks Via instant coffee is awesome for care packages! I received a bunch from friends. It tastes pretty good (yeah, I know its instant...), doesn't take much space, provides the requisite buzz, and is easy to make. For me, it was perfect for the plane (P-3 Bus Driver) and kept me going on some long over night flights.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Aside from all the good stuff already listed here I'd send some premium toilet paper. The stuff they have on the ship sucks.

John Wayne toilet paper: rough as hell, and doesn't take shit off of anybody.

I always asked for paperbacks and starbucks coffee. Military/historical fiction is always a safe bet. I think I read Gates of Fire and Starship Troopers 10 times on my last deployment.

H60Gunner

Contributor
We watched "Friday" every Friday, along with a very frequent showing of Full Metal Jacket in the HS Ready Room on the Carl Vinson one deployment. I think I am still disturbed from that, can quote lines from both.....

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
We watched "Friday" every Friday, along with a very frequent showing of Full Metal Jacket in the HS Ready Room on the Carl Vinson one deployment. I think I am still disturbed from that, can quote lines from both.....

I'm not sure if this is a complaint, but I'm going to take it as one, so that I can lay some serious one-up-man-ship down and say that that is FAR, FAR preferable to what I experienced on my second cruise:

Drumline - every. God. damn. day.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm not sure if this is a complaint, but I'm going to take it as one, so that I can lay some serious one-up-man-ship down and say that that is FAR, FAR preferable to what I experienced on my second cruise:

Drumline - every. God. damn. day.

Sorry. I win. We endured "Teeth" one night in the wardroom lounge because it was girls movie night and they were trying to get rid of us. We'd be damned if a bunch of swo chicks were going to run us off.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Sorry. I win. We endured "Teeth" one night in the wardroom lounge because it was girls movie night and they were trying to get rid of us. We'd be damned if a bunch of swo chicks were going to run us off.

I don't know what "Teeth" is, but I have a feeling that that's a good thing. However, I still contest that one viewing of a chick flick can't contest repeated, daily frontal assaults from Nick Cannon.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
Dawn O’Keefe (Jess Weixler) is a teenage spokesperson for a Christian abstinence group called The Promise. She attends groups with her two friends, Alisha (Julia Garro) and Phil (Adam Wagner). One evening after giving her speech talking about the purity ring those in the group wear and what it means, she is introduced to Toby (Hale Appleman) and finds him attractive. The four begin going out as a group, and Dawn has fantasies of marrying Toby, although after acknowledging the attraction they agree that they cannot spend time together. Soon after they give in and meet at a local swimming hole. After swimming together, they go in to a cave to get warm and begin kissing. Dawn gets uncomfortable and tries to get them to go back. Toby then attempts to force sex on Dawn, who panics and tries to push him off. Toby becomes aggressive and shakes Dawn, resulting in her smacking her head on the ground. While she is recovering from disorientation, Toby takes this as his chance to begin raping her. Dawn fights back and inadvertently bites off his penis with her vagina. Horrified, he stumbles away and she flees the scene. After a Promise meeting, she meets her classmate Ryan (Ashley Springer) at a dance; they talk, and he drops her off at her home.
Dawn researches "vagina dentata" and realizes she may have it. She then drops her purity ring off of a cliff and even goes back to the swimming hole, only causing her to scream in horror because a freshwater crab was crawling on Toby's penis.

I love me some campy, awful horror and I think a vagina with teeth movie is a must see! I've never heard of this, but I am off to check netflix...

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

HEAR THIS! I'ma get you HIIIIGH today! Cuz it's friiiiday, you ain't got no job... and you ain't got SHIT TO DO!

H60Gunner

Contributor
You watched every Friday?

I gots to know: Which ready room seat did you take?

Fuck no we didn't watch that shit. The "Smokey!, Devo, Craig, You got knocked the fuck out" one with Ice Cube. "Big worm, big perm, big snake." "You can't catch a crack head" [smiley]

"Private Pyle, you look like 200 pounds of chewed bubble gum".

Hmm, I sat in a little room in the back where we wrote the flight sched, as I was OPS LPO at the time.

And I wonder about you Kbay, that you even asked this after the vagina with teeth post.........:confused:

H60Gunner

Contributor
HEAR THIS! I'ma get you HIIIIGH today! Cuz it's friiiiday, you ain't got no job... and you ain't got SHIT TO DO!

"And I ended up in Devo's pigeon coop sweatin' like a runaway slave".

Sorry for the T-jack.

Awesome ideas from vil., you rock! I personally dug magazines. We had a whole smoked turkey sent to us around T-giving, that was a huge hit. It make it through the mail just fine.