• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What to Expect In the 2007 Housing Market

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Having just sold a home in San Diego and contemplating selling another, I think the tightening of credit is going to have a large influence. Despite all the problems in the sub-prime market, I wonder if anybody really wants to put the brakes on credit so close to an election?

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
I wonder if anybody really wants to put the brakes on credit so close to an election?

Well, yes. I think some would like to see lots of problems in the economy, esp as we get closer to the election, almost 2 years away, quite a long time in the scheme of things. After all, as some smart feller said no long ago: "It is the economy, stupid". While many are not happy with the "War", etc, they will get very angry and a lot more displeased if you get into their pocket.

In my view, short of some dramatic happenings in China, Japan etc, we will continue to see flat or a slight rise in mortgage rates, in spite of the negatives we see in the sub-prime market. But what do I know?