• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What to do!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

navy101

I just had an eye exam with my sister's boyfriend who is an eye doctor. He gave me my results and my vision for one of my eyes is below navy standards. I leave for OCS in about 7 weeks and I am sure I will fail the nami flight physical during the first week there. My questions are this. 1)Since I am in the bdcp if I fail will I be able to redesignate to another field? 2) I would like to go nfo so does anybody know if they're all filled up or would I be able to change without a fight? 3) I heard the Navy is so backed up that they will just let me go because of it, is this true? 4) How does redesignating go if you are npq'd? Thanks for the help.

apendle

I'm almost 100% sure that if your in the BDCP you have to be redesignated, maybe not into NFO though. The Navy has already invested alot into your education so they are going to get back on their investment on you by keeping you in. I don't know how the redesignation process goes after you've been NPQ'd, ask around on this forum; but if your NPQ'd as a pilot I'm pretty sure you can't be redesignated as an NFO. Ask around.

WFU2USN

navy101,

Your ability to be an NFO will depend on the problem. You can have quite a bit going on with your eys and still be eligible for NFO. Your vision must not be more than +/- 8.00 diopeters, you do not have to have depth perception and if you have a strabismus (lazy eye) it must not be significant. PM me if you have questions...the Navy and my eyes have had a great rollercoaster ride.

Robin
IS2(SCW)

JGalus

When I went through, I knew both cases. I saw people who got NPQed for pilot and got NFO spots and I also saw people get NPQed for pilot who were BDCP given other slots. Those guys who get NPQed and are not BDCP get a sharp looking haircut, a thanks but no thanks from the Navy and a free ride home...all in about three days.

Jamie

Hudson

Hey Navy101
Since we are in the same class. If you need to switch to NFO I would gladly take your SNA slot. You know just so you don't have to go home.
Scott

kevin

that's great! the first time ive seen bartering on this site! well why not? hudson i think you should also have to throw in a 6 pack on that deal.

navy101

If I fail and they would allow a switch that would be great! Although it is unlikely they would allow it. Kevin, I think the sna slot is worth at least a case instead of a six pack.

Hudson

If it gets me a seat in the front I will learn how to brew. You name the kind you like, the first batch is yours.

04Hopeful

EA3 -> IS3 -> Intel O1(hopefully)
Hudson:

I just checked your profile, it says you are 29 will you be turning 30 will you are at OCS, if so how did you qualify for NFO since I thought you had to be 29? Thanks for the info!

Hudson

I was or am prior service. Three years in the Army spent learning how to shoot down planes from the ground. They give you a waivor for the amount of years you have already spent. No I will not be turning 30 at OCS...soon after but not during.

04Hopeful

EA3 -> IS3 -> Intel O1(hopefully)
Thanks for clearying that up, I figured that must how you got in. The best of luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.