• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

what to do to skip IFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

trongod46

pilot
ive heard some rumors that if you have solo'd and done your long x-country as a civilan that you dont have to go to IFS and you can go straight to p-cola. Or do you need to have completed you PPL.
thanks

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I'm not sure what the exact figure is, but they will waive IFS for you, if you have the right amount of flight time. And that doesn't mean that you need your private pilot's license. There are two SNAs in my API class right now who didn't have to do IFS, and neither of them has their ppl. I do know a few people who were given the option to do IFS, despite having prior flight experience, though, but their previous flying time was waaaay back (think junior high).

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
trongod46 said:
ive heard some rumors that if you have solo'd and done your long x-country as a civilan that you dont have to go to IFS and you can go straight to p-cola. Or do you need to have completed you PPL.
thanks

The wait for API is horridenous anyway man, if they are going to pay for it, go ahead and do it. It beats sitting on your ass for a couple of extra months.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
If the wait for API is so horrendous, do you think there's any chance of doing OHARP? I could use some time off after back to back sea tours as a SWO.

kray1395

The wait may be long (I'm finally classing up next week after 4 months), but by being able to skip IFS, I'm saving at least another 6 weeks. All I had to do was show them my expired student medical certificate and my logbook which showed a solo cross country and they logged me down as IFS validated. And no, you don't need to have completed your PPL.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
Anyone know the deal with SNFOs? Are they having to do IFS again or no? I know it seems to change from week to week, but if anyone has any clue, I'd appreciate it.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Road Program said:
If the wait for API is so horrendous, do you think there's any chance of doing OHARP? I could use some time off after back to back sea tours as a SWO.

This is info that is 2+ yrs old now, but when I was there, if you did the leg work to get yourself a stash job (IE OHARP) it was generally approved... Just don't expect Stucon to do anything to help you.

trongod46

pilot
Hey BCH,
i see that you are at advanced helo's, im curious as to what type of helicopters you fly as trainers, when i was enlisted i was 46 crew cheif, so any questions about that i could help out some, also was avionics tech. that is what i do now as i wait for the board on 188

sludge31

There are 10 SNFOs classing up for IFS on Nov 8... luckily I am one of them...we only get 40 days and 13.5 hours of flight time...no solos

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
sludge 13 said:
There are 10 SNFOs classing up for IFS on Nov 8... luckily I am one of them...we only get 40 days and 13.5 hours of flight time...no solos

When I got my private, I solo'd at 10 hours, why are you not going to solo? Navy reg?

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
SNFO's have a different syllabus for IFS. It's much more Nav-heavy. For those Mids out there, I grad in Dec and am starting my IFS in three weeks. FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.