• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What to do after being rejected?

Nehemiah Wilson

My name is Nehemiah Wilson. I was working with an Officer Recruiting station in State College, PA. I initiated this process beginning in January of 2007. After I graduated from college in Pennsylvania, I moved back to California. My major was Political Science and my overall GPA was a 3.14. I took my ASTB (and got a 57, 6, 6 & 5 on form 5) because I was applying for Naval Aviation. Once everything was in I did my physical and did well on that as well. I was definitely in the excellent category (run- 9:47 Push ups-50 sit ups-80). So then I waited. I was told that I was accepted and professionally recommended. I was waiting to swear in and then I received a phone call about a week ago. The call was from my recruiter in Pennsylvania. He told me that I was dropped. I have no idea why because no reason was given. I was wondering if there is anything I should do at this point. I have written a letter asking for reconsideration and if not that, then at least a reason for why I was dropped. I still have not gotten either. What should I do at this point? It is very discouraging to see a year of effort thrown away so easily. I want to pursue this and possibly reapply. What are some choices for people like me at this point, which could be at all advantageous? Thanks.

red_ryder

None
Between the boards and final select, I think the only thing they look at is medical...did you have any medical issues that might have been a problem? Eyesight, sinuses?

red_ryder

None
After pro-rec:

"Now it is time for the second part, the FINDOCS. These basically consist of a medical physical (normally done at MEPS), Physical Fitness Assessment (running, sit-ups, push-ups), Background Investigation Security Questionnaire, fingerprinting, and various other papers primarily statements of understanding. The big hold up here from my experience is getting through MEPS. It just takes time. Once all of this is together it will be sent to CNRC and be scrutinized, then sent to the community managers. Now it will wait until the next selection board. Every area is different, some hold boards every month others are as long as once a year. Check with the recruiter. Some wait until they have a sufficient number of packages until they hold a board. Again be patient."

Could be any of these.

Crap, now yer making ME worry!

Nehemiah Wilson

I do have one thing on my record. I got a ticket (retail theft) for picking up a bag of bagels that was on the sidewalk. This was back in 2005.

Ufoz8mycow

Awesome.
It cant be worse than me... I got arrested for reckless driving last year, had to pay huge fines, and was put on summary probation (because I have a penchant for all sorts of speeding tickets). I have since been taken off of probation, because I pretty much just stopped driving altogether so I wouldnt get any more tickets. Anyways, it didnt affect my application. I think they just look at everything on a case-by-case basis and what the outcome was.

red_ryder

None
Yeah, but that's just for DRIVING. Suppose someone got in trouble because they made M80's and their chemistry prof boss gave the ones you gave him, out in class because he didn't want them anymore. Suppose some dumb students thought they were bombs because of how much he exaggerates, and you get the FBI called, who raids your parents house and brings you in to the police station to interview you about them.

This person got off the hook and was never charged, only verbally warned not to do it again, but it might look bad if the person ever applied to the Navy and someone found the file on a background check.

Whoever it was, that person is sincerely hoping it doesn't matter!

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
This person got off the hook and was never charged, only verbally warned not to do it again, but it might look bad if the person ever applied to the Navy and someone found the file on a background check.

Whoever it was, that person is sincerely hoping it doesn't matter!

Hey! They got to fill billets in EOD somehow.:D

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My question is... Why would you ever pick up a bag of bagels that were on the sidewalk!?!?!

More importantly, would you pick up a piece of tissue on the floor in a toilet stall? :eek:

Achilles

That dog won't hunt, Monsignor!
pilot
My question is... Why would you ever pick up a bag of bagels that were on the sidewalk!?!?!

I think the best question is who calls the cops because someone took a bag of bagels? If someone took my bag of bagels I'd probably be mad, but I can't say I'd call the cops and start a criminal investigation.