• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What to Bring

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDawg2332

Getting some since 1775
Its that time of year (again for some of us) here is a non-comprehensive list of trash I am bringing back to Srs (minus uniforms) I know im forgetting somethings feel free to add on
-Cover Shaper
-XTRA Blousing bands
-2 sets of civvies (the 1 im wearing there and 1 extra)
1" White athletic tape
LAUNDRY PEN
****2nd Skin by Spenco or the Band-Aid Brand****
xtra Q-tips
1 & 2 gallon zip lock bags
Body glide?
Duct tape
Laminated Paper and pen
xtra inkstick and pencil
a little bleech (to clean canteen)
mouthwash
Liquid Soap not bar (makes shower time faster and easier)
Watch
Scissors
Boot Insoles
Cell Phone

Should I bring my cowboy belt with that huge buckle?? and my iPod :icon_smil

Do not bother bringing Moleskin because it will be provided in the Medical Box
Please do not reiterate items on this list unless u find it to be THAT Important. If you dissagree with some items post, cuz we all know extra $h!t can be a hasstle
I know i forgot something but just an idea

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It has been a few years but I would plus up the civies by one set. Your first set will get trashed day one and you want something fresh to wear after a nihgt out on liberty.
I liked stri-dex pads to clean cammie paint off.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
skidkid said:
It has been a few years.....

Was this back when they issued K-rations....pre-MRE days?

Stri-dex pads are a great idea. Something else that sounds wierd but comes in handy is baby wipes. You can put a few in a zip lock and it won't take up any room at all. That was always my "shower" in the field.

Something else I don't see mentioned as often is insoles for your running shoes.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Mouthwash is good at cleaning out canteens. You can probably leave the bleach at home and use listerine to rinse out the canteen.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
E5B said:
Was this back when they issued K-rations....pre-MRE days?

Ha Ha Ha Ha. Son let me tell you about the "old" MREs. None of this vegitarian crap we had egg ommelete and five fingers of death and rancid chicken ala king and we hated it and we were hard and the older I get the harder it was blah blah blah. It was actually ten years ago this July for me but Im sure it hasnt changed that much.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
skidkid said:
Ha Ha Ha Ha. Son let me tell you about the "old" MREs. None of this vegitarian crap we had egg ommelete and five fingers of death and rancid chicken ala king and we hated it and we were hard and the older I get the harder it was blah blah blah. It was actually ten years ago this July for me but Im sure it hasnt changed that much.
LOL - five fingers of death and chicken ala king. Too funny - I was a college Army ROTC cadet in the late '80s and can vouch for this. The sawdust-resembling pork patty had to be the worst. It wasn't until years later that I ate another MRE and opened it to find a bottle of Tobasco sauce and M&Ms in there, and I'm thinking "Where the hell did these come from?"

Too bad none of us back then thought of the Stridex pads for removing paint. That's actually a damn good idea.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
skidkid said:

I hear ya, it will be 11 years this Sept since I went to boot camp. I remember my first MRE being omlet with ham. Then there was corned beef hash.......yikes!

Don't for get your cell phone charger. Don't worry too much, everything else you can buy out in town on your first libo.

Good luck at Srs

Killer2

TRONS!
None
I will for sure go out and buy some mouthwash for those nasty canteens. I am also bringing an erasable ink stick for those 300 essays that I hope I won't get.

Also I am bringing some small pieces of cloth for rifle cleaning and wiping off my brass once I have shined it. We always ran out of paper towels when it was my turn to use them, funny how that happened.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
brass? I just wore an anodized buckle all through OCS... never had to shine any (save for the heads and floors and whatnot)

JDawg2332

Getting some since 1775
to my knowledge PLEASE let me know if I am wrong. but Anodized was not authorized for Candidates to wear

Clux4

Banned
I think it is hearsay, I don't think there is really anything anywhere that says so. At least they are good for inspections if not for everyday use. This might have changed, look it up on the OCS webpage.

Killer2

TRONS!
None
I said that because as for as my platoon and staff if you were caught having one in your possession you were in deep **** and if were during inspection you might as well have had a rusty bolt cause it was an automatic FAILURE. So as with most things in the Marine Corps ... it depends.

CTE83

yes, when I was there anodized brass buckles resulted in automatic failure of an inspection...and on any other day it would probably result in a chit.

Status
Not open for further replies.