• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What to bring to OCS

STLEngineer

pilot
I'm just looking for good gouge here.

I was planning on buying some white ones, but I really wanted to know from someone with experience if that was important. Plus as jm74 says, it's very tough to find all white (no brand markings) underwear.

KSUFLY

pilot
Just take the whitey tighties with the logo on the band...I did and it's fine. They'll issue you what you need for inspections. You guys are WAY over thinking this whole issue.

MasterBates

Yes, they can wear them. Not sure about OCS, but I think it would be OK.

My Mormon roomates on my last cruise wore them.

MasterHaynes86

Say what? What is this Lds church?

Latter Day Saints - Mormonism... research it... I dont know what the undergarment is called, but it is pretty intense...

i went to ocs with... my civies, 3 pair pt socks, 3 pair briefs, a couple undershirts, my shoes, toothbrush, toothpaste, razor... i THINK that is all CLOTHING/HYGIENE-wise... Of course, I was PLC

*****edit*******

it would seem i just had a lack of situational awareness... sorry for the overpost guys...

it would also seem that this is a NAVY OCS thread and when i clicked it from the login page/home page i was under the impression of it being a MARINE CORPS thread... my bad navy dudes...

OORAH

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Latter Day Saints - Mormonism... research it... I dont know what the undergarment is called, but it is pretty intense...
Howard Stern called it "the magic underwear" when interviewing Ricky Schroder - who converted to Mormonism. Rick wouldn't talk about them and I asked a couple of Mormons I knew. They wouldn't either. But the internet is your friend - they are called sacred garments.

You have to understand that since the LDS don't talk, everything you find is from ex members. Everything you want to know from the disguntled: http://www.exmormon.org/mormon/mormon_shorts.htm

The garments:
garmentit3.jpg

MasterBates

If it is secret underware, then why did my roomates wear it to the head, and in our stateroom?

Plus, ships services washes it...

Nice guys, but that cruise had a lot of "culture clash". I listened to hevy metal, wore a Metallica T-shirt under my flight suit (Det was DAMAGE INC, no less) and my wife sent me "Sound of the Beast: A history of Heavy Metal" (highly reccomended.

Not to mention that I drank, smoked, and swear too much.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Under the FAQ, where it says "What do I need to bring?"

"You should bring the following items when reporting to OCS:

b) Underwear, briefs only (6-8 pairs) "

It doesn't appear to specify the color, if that's your contention. But go ahead, bring your pastel Calvin Klein's....

Get serious, guys. Nobody is going to look at, or care about your skivies.

Brett

STLEngineer

pilot
Maybe I'm worried too much about attention to detail too early. I just realize that's a big thing, so I didn't want to get yelled at for having black undies or something.

pdx

HSM Pilot
Get serious, guys. Nobody is going to look at, or care about your skivies.

Brett

Mostly true. What you wear is your business. If the DIs are seeing your skivs, you are doing something wrong. We were officially told to wear our PT shorts under our khakis.

However, you will need very specific whitey-tighteys for inspections. Don't bother buying these beforehand. You will have to buy these from Miss Judy during your initial issue anyway. I went to OCS with the recommended 8 pairs, then had to buy 6 so I had the right brand and I could get the exact 6x6". Now I use them for shop rags.