• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

what the captain means

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
If the Captain thinks the F-4 is highly-maneuverable at all altitudes & airspeeds then he must have just transitioned from the C-141 (this sort of thing used to happen all the time in the AF) !! Don't mean this as a criticism. As a former F-4 RIO, I think it was the greatest multi-role a/c of the 60's & early 70's. If the Navy had just put a gun, 20,000lb. smokeless engines & a multi-mode radar in it, the Phantom would have been the best strike-fighter available until the F/A-18Fcame along. Instead, we spent many billions on F/A-18A's, C's & D's that didn't go far, take much or bring anything back.

Zissou

Banned
Interviewer: Of all the targets you've hit in Vietnam, which was the most satisfying?

Captain: Ah shit, it was getting fragged to go hit a suspected VietCong Vegtable Garden. I laid the napalm right between the rutabaga and my wingman got the carrots with the 750lbers.

AWESOME:icon_smil