• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What should I study?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beau

"for primary, there were a little anal about memorizing ALL the EPs... at least in Corpus."

I'm going to have to say, it was all about the IP..........most all I flew with (in fams) only wanted the bold faced stuff memorized.

Dont forget about Course Rulz........especially at whitting (from what I hear anyway)
Go to your sqadron and get a grading card for all of your fam flights.....
In corpus, these cards gave all the discussed Items for the each flight and all of the manuavers you need to know for each block.....

that is if you want to get ahead. The rule of thumb is try and always be studying a flight or two ahead, so that when you restudy the stuff for the flight you are on now, its review.

handjive

Blue speedo... check!
pilot
One of the most valuable things a CPT instructor told me about the checklists was, "You take the blindfolded cockpit test for a reason. You don't have to look at everything during the checklist."

A great way to speed through your checklist is to keep your eyes on the checklist, and feel for the items (e.g. flap lever - UP). Obviously you have to look for some things (like fire warning test switch), but 60% or more can be done by touch alone. It made me a lot faster.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Also, for the "blindfold" test, don't forget there is an exact list of the things they will ask you to find (hidden in the back of the MPTS, in the Course Training Standards section). I missed the landing gear CB. :(

Got to agree with Handjive too, because you really will need to be able to find things without looking both on the ground and in the air (pattern work is not the time to look down to find everything).

Status
Not open for further replies.