• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What percentage gets jets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just like clockwork....it was only a matter of time...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I like Jets. :)

They are pretty.

They are shiny.

They are real loud.

They go real fast.

They make lots of noise.

I am going to fly jets when I grow up and get big. :)

I like jets. :)
kids.gif

:) :) Now may I please have some ice-cream ?? :) :)

Bevo16

pilot
You can't select jets anymore. We are down to just the F-18. I guess that it just sounds funny to say that you want to "select jet".

petescheu

Sorry Bevo but not true... Supers, Hornets, Prowlers, and Vikings are all available slots to individuals such as myself. I thought S3s would be gone by this time as well but they are still giving out slots almost every winging. And prowlers won't be going away any time soon...

Broadsword2004

No one knows anyhow. For example, it'll be 3-4 years still until I graduate college, and then there's The Basic School, then Flight School, and after all that training, they might need lots of jet pilots again. It depends.

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
I heard about 90% of the Navy guys get jets. Except for that day last month when everyone got em. It sucks that the Blue Angels only accept the top 50%.

it'll be 3-4 years still until I graduate college
Holy sh!t! Broadsword is in college? Which college?
I thought you were 11 years old.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Broadsword2004 said:
No one knows anyhow. For example, it'll be 3-4 years still until I graduate college, and then there's The Basic School, then Flight School, and after all that training, they might need lots of jet pilots again. It depends.

.........Or, just like most good Marines, you will have the honor and privilege of flying the CH-46........V-22 :eek: or the mighty CH-53.

Broadsword2004

bunk22 said:
.........Or, just like most good Marines, you will have the honor and privilege of flying the CH-46........V-22 :eek: or the mighty CH-53.

Hey, I re-read my post up there; I didn't mean to sound like the ignorant jet-wannabe type again that I came off as originally (if that is how the post sounded); I just meant that, as an example, in 3-4 years what the Marines may need in terms of pilots may be different from what they need now, so there is no way to know overall "what percentage gets jets."

I would be happy in whatever the Corps asks me to fly :)

Acoustix99

pilot
Broadsword2004 said:
Well when I first came to this site, I DIDN'T know it was so age-old; I was new to all this stuff (and still am).

With 148 posts, it's going to be tough to wear that "newbie" hat and not expect to get flamed for it ;) A lot of this stuff has come up again and again and again since you've started coming here.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
well, you know, technically we all fly jets. gas turbine engines power all navy planes, they are jet engines...therefore we all fly jets! I feel SOOOOO much cooler now!

Status
Not open for further replies.