• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What Percent get Jets?

Maine Vaulter

USMC Candidate - Air
Just kidding =) ... I thought that instead of asking that again I would ask another almost as vauge question: What percent of SNAs in your class wanted jets? In other words, did many of you helo guys come in with jets as a first choice?

MasterBates

As an ex-helo guy, I wanted Jets. Got helos.

Now I am in the pipeline for E2C2 after a tour in Helos.

Don't regret flying helos, nor do I regret switching to E2C2.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
How did the transition to E2/C2s come about and what made you eligible?

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
I thought it was somewhere along the lines of them looking at his marriage and deciding to throw him a bone. ;)

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was interested in jets until primary RIs, then I lost interest in being a single seater. I also am not a big fan of negative g's either. Very happy where I am today.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
In other words, did many of you helo guys come in with jets as a first choice?

I had them first. Didn't know about anything else. Navy needed helos. I was hooked FAM 1, from observing in the backseat NTL. I think it was the SH slide my IP did out of the spot...despite instructing new bubbas, I wouldn't have changed a GD thing and absolutly love it.

~D