• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What NRC considers competitive

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
That's probably 9 letters of rec too many.
GPA is really low.
You want to be a US Naval Intel Officer but decided to study in Israel... ok, have fun explaining that to the investigator.

The only thing you can do now is kill it on the OAR and hope for the best. Good luck!

I didn’t even pay attention to the number of LORs. Agreed, there can only be so many letters that say “you’re a good guy” that dilutes how useful they are for the selection board.

TyKing

pilot
I'm Looking for some insight on my chances.

Applying SNA only
24 year old
BS in Interdisciplinary studies Degree GPA 3.2 Overall Gpa 2.6
Currently enlisted Air Force with less than a year on contract, would apply for conditional release.
ASTB 49 5/7/6

I've contacted a recruiter. After talking to her, she suggested I retake the ASTB, however she stop responding to me. Maybe she thought I wasn't competitive enough. Any advice would help, should I retake the ASTB or try applying with my scores, and find a new recruiter? Also I'm in the North Carolina, Goldsboro area if anyone knows a recruiter.

eagles63ol

I will say my recruiter wanted to see a 6 on every score to be competitive. It's not like you are so far off that a retake with some studying couldn't boost your score.

FormerRecruitingGuru

I'm Looking for some insight on my chances.

Applying SNA only
24 year old
BS in Interdisciplinary studies Degree GPA 3.2 Overall Gpa 2.6
Currently enlisted Air Force with less than a year on contract, would apply for conditional release.
ASTB 49 5/7/6

I've contacted a recruiter. After talking to her, she suggested I retake the ASTB, however she stop responding to me. Maybe she thought I wasn't competitive enough. Any advice would help, should I retake the ASTB or try applying with my scores, and find a new recruiter? Also I'm in the North Carolina, Goldsboro area if anyone knows a recruiter.

You just meet the minimums for NFO.

TyKing

pilot
Yea I hope I can apply to the October Board, with that in mind I think I have a good amount of time to test again. Plus I think I can definitely improve my scores next time around, so I’ll test again.

sldm992

Do you have to wait 6 months before you can apply again, or can you just apply at the next board for your community?

exNavyOffRec

I will say my recruiter wanted to see a 6 on every score to be competitive. It's not like you are so far off that a retake with some studying couldn't boost your score.

He wanted to see a 6 to be competitive, where a 6 is the minimum, that means by his thinking that everyone who meets at least the minimum is competitive

I hope that recruiter never sits any type of board if thinks minimums = competitive

eagles63ol

He wanted to see a 6 to be competitive, where a 6 is the minimum, that means by his thinking that everyone who meets at least the minimum is competitive

I hope that recruiter never sits any type of board if thinks minimums = competitive

Maybe he meant that a 6 was at least required to even think about submitting a packet. I don't know, I will defer to you and others on that because I simply don't have the knowledge or experience to have an opinion.

Crypto234

I'm looking for some areas of improvement. I know my Bachelors is not STEM and a bit low, but that's in the past now. I submitted for the JUN board and got the PROREC-N so I'm retaking the OAR on 25JUL to try and do a bit better. (To my knowledge, this is the only way you can resubmit within the six month wait period). I do have the waiver for TIR and this is the last time I can ever apply for CW. Any advice would be great! Thank you

Active Duty: CTN2 (IW) Active, 4.5 years
Evals: EP (Periodic), MP (Frocked), EP (Periodic)
Undergrad: 3.2 GPA Bachelors in Physical Education
Graduate: 4.0 GPA Masters in Strategic Leadership (In-Progress)
OAR: 52
IAs: O-5 IP, O-4 CW, O-4 CW, O-4 CW
LORs: O-9 (1810), O-8 (1810), O-6 (Director of Operations), House of Representatives (SC)
Applying for: CW, INTEL

FormerRecruitingGuru

I'm looking for some areas of improvement. I know my Bachelors is not STEM and a bit low, but that's in the past now. I submitted for the JUN board and got the PROREC-N so I'm retaking the OAR on 25JUL to try and do a bit better. (To my knowledge, this is the only way you can resubmit within the six month wait period). I do have the waiver for TIR and this is the last time I can ever apply for CW. Any advice would be great! Thank you

Active Duty: CTN2 (IW) Active, 4.5 years
Evals: EP (Periodic), MP (Frocked), EP (Periodic)
Undergrad: 3.2 GPA Bachelors in Physical Education
Graduate: 4.0 GPA Masters in Strategic Leadership (In-Progress)
OAR: 52
IAs: O-5 IP, O-4 CW, O-4 CW, O-4 CW
LORs: O-9 (1810), O-8 (1810), O-6 (Director of Operations), House of Representatives (SC)
Applying for: CW, INTEL

Why not apply for aviation or SWO? You’re limiting your options.

exNavyOffRec

I would love to, but I am colorblind and aging out of a lot of designators quickly.

I thought I had a candidate who due to colorblindness couldn't apply for CW or IP, they ended up trying for Intel.

The retake of the OAR will allow a resubmit, but it really doesn't do much to make them look at your application any different, the best you can hope for is the quality of candidates on the next board is not as good as the one you were just on.

delliott

I'm finishing my Bachelor's in May 2021. Does anyone on this thread know if I can apply to a SWO board as early as May 2020 (or earlier)? My local recruiters don't know.