• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What NRC considers competitive

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Is anyone familiar with more current standards for CW package selection? I have a 47 OAR and BS Information Technology w/ Networking focus with a 3.4GPA(3.9 major focus) with 5 years unrelated enlisted experience reserve and active. I'm studying to retake my OAR now and should do far better since I took it previously on the spot. Any tips, pointers or dream shattering revelations?

Boards don’t care about your major GPA, only cumulative.

Freddie Ansley

Boards don’t care about your major GPA, only cumulative.
Just throwing it in there in case since CWE does focus more on the GPA of programming courses over the cumulative. Of course I’m going to retake the OAR soon but looking for some feedback on what to expect with a 3.4GPA. What should I shoot for on the OAR? Anything over 50 or will it need to be high 50s?

zoeth

Over 9000
Just throwing it in there in case since CWE does focus more on the GPA of programming courses over the cumulative. Of course I’m going to retake the OAR soon but looking for some feedback on what to expect with a 3.4GPA. What should I shoot for on the OAR? Anything over 50 or will it need to be high 50s?

Are you looking for CW or CWE? They are completely different programs.
CW is Cryptologic Warfare and fall under IWC boards
CWE is Cyber Warfare Engineer and have seperate rolling boards (and much smaller community)

aribjc

If someone said low 50s would you try less hard than if someone said high 50s?? Just get the best score you can get to give yourself the best chance

Freddie Ansley

I am definitely going to try to get as high as possible. The question was if when I retake the OAR and I make a 50+ but below a certain score would I need to retake it. Long story short, what's the competitive score needed for CW since the new minimum requirement is 50. Thank you.

Also, does CWE require a certain OAR score since the requirements posted did not mention OAR but focused more on the level of proficiency in coding. Keep in mind, completely unrelated to the original question inquiring about CW.

zoeth

Over 9000
I am definitely going to try to get as high as possible. The question was if when I retake the OAR and I make a 50+ but below a certain score would I need to retake it. Long story short, what's the competitive score needed for CW since the new minimum requirement is 50. Thank you.

Also, does CWE require a certain OAR score since the requirements posted did not mention OAR but focused more on the level of proficiency in coding. Keep in mind, completely unrelated to the original question inquiring about CW.

https://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-...121_Cyber_Warfare_Engineer_(CWE)_May-2018.pdf

Talk to OR about OAR score req or it will be addressed in your interview (CWE requires an interview)

exNavyOffRec

There is or at least there was a list of approved schools that they only accept for CWE

Hey Everyone. I would Like to hear some Feed back on my profile. I am applying for Intel/SWO. My profile is in my signature Thanks everyone

zoeth

Over 9000
Hey Everyone. I would Like to hear some Feed back on my profile. I am applying for Intel/SWO. My profile is in my signature Thanks everyone

Intel or IP? Different programs.
Doesn't really matter, you don't meet min GPA requirement for either.

https://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-...8D_Information_Professional_(IP)_May-2018.pdf
https://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-...nts/PA-108A_Intelligence_(INTEL)_May-2018.pdf

You also don't meet minimum GPA/Age for SWO. BUT you can get a waiver for both since you are prior/AD.

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-n...rs/Documents/PA-100_SWO_Training_Sep-2017.pdf

*I have HEARD they are doing a graduate/undergrade gpa calculation, but you would have to get someone more knowledgeable to confirm this, and if it would bring you up to the 2.8 for IP/SWO or 3.0 for Intel.*

Intel or IP? Different programs.
Doesn't really matter, you don't meet min GPA requirement for either.

https://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-...8D_Information_Professional_(IP)_May-2018.pdf
https://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-...nts/PA-108A_Intelligence_(INTEL)_May-2018.pdf

You also don't meet minimum GPA/Age for SWO. BUT you can get a waiver for both since you are prior/AD.

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-n...rs/Documents/PA-100_SWO_Training_Sep-2017.pdf

*I have HEARD they are doing a graduate/undergrade gpa calculation, but you would have to get someone more knowledgeable to confirm this, and if it would bring you up to the 2.8 for IP/SWO or 3.0 for Intel.*

I qualify for Intel and SWO. Intel PA states that A Graduate degree with 3.0 GPA or higher will supercede non qualifying bachelor's. SWO PA also stated that prior service with Eval of MP and above must have a 2.0 GPA in a 4.0 scale. I know the Bachelor's might hurt but hopefully the Graduate degree can make an impact as well

exNavyOffRec

I qualify for Intel and SWO. Intel PA states that A Graduate degree with 3.0 GPA or higher will supercede non qualifying bachelor's. SWO PA also stated that prior service with Eval of MP and above must have a 2.0 GPA in a 4.0 scale. I know the Bachelor's might hurt but hopefully the Graduate degree can make an impact as well

The thing is IWC programs will allow you to apply with a graduate degree with a qualifying GPA but they still see you UG degree which is very low

zoeth

Over 9000

I said that you could get a waiver for SWO being prior service for your GPA. But like NavyOffRec said, they will see that undergrad gpa regardless and I have NO idea how a foreign degree's gpa would translate. I encourage you to try for everything you can man, not trying to be discouraging only realistic.

Good Luck!

I said that you could get a waiver for SWO being prior service for your GPA. But like NavyOffRec said, they will see that undergrad gpa regardless and I have NO idea how a foreign degree's gpa would translate. I encourage you to try for everything you can man, not trying to be discouraging only realistic.

Good Luck!
Thanks man. Do I need to apply for a waiver for SWO because of my GPA? I think I am reading the PA wrong then

The thing is IWC programs will allow you to apply with a graduate degree with a qualifying GPA but they still see you UG degree which is very low
Thanks for this. I think I would still go for it. Just hoping for the best. They converted my Bachelor's GPA really low. I don't think Getting another UG degree is an option for me.

zoeth

Over 9000
Thanks man. Do I need to apply for a waiver for SWO because of my GPA? I think I am reading the PA wrong then

The waiver for age and GPA should SHOULD be automatic if your last (2?) evals were MP/EP and above senior's cumulative average. Verify with your OR.