• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What NRC considers competitive

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I am currently finishing up my Computer Networking and Cyber Security degree at UMUC. I am 9 classes from graduating and currently on schedule to graduate before my next deployment. Going though the IWC stats, program Authorization 108C and other documents, I keep seeing the calc is preferred. I do not need to take calculus to finish my degree, however UMUC offers both Calc I and II. Would it be beneficial for me to take those classes or continue on with my required classes for my cyber degree? Any advice would be appreciated

Very Respectfully,

CTI2(EXW/IW) Ledbetter
It may not answer your specific question, but here's more info on IWC officer accessions (from both fleet and street) and what they consider STEM education:
https://www.airwarriors.com/communi.../iwc-ocs-board-statistics_jun2016-pptx.16084/

D

Deleted member 61572

It may not answer your specific question, but here's more info on IWC officer accessions (from both fleet and street) and what they consider STEM education:
https://www.airwarriors.com/communi.../iwc-ocs-board-statistics_jun2016-pptx.16084/

I saw this earlier which is what spurred my question. But thank you none the less for sharing it with me again. I plan on taking this and pushing it out to my TROOP for all that are interested as well. I noticed on the stats for this board and the March board that more non-priors are getting picked up for CW. I would think that prior service CT's would be more sought out than non-prior applicants.

exNavyOffRec

I saw this earlier which is what spurred my question. But thank you none the less for sharing it with me again. I plan on taking this and pushing it out to my TROOP for all that are interested as well. I noticed on the stats for this board and the March board that more non-priors are getting picked up for CW. I would think that prior service CT's would be more sought out than non-prior applicants.

by CW do you mean Crypto Officer or Cyber warfare? over the past several years the IWC has been taking more and more non priors, remember they pick the best qualified, so are the non priors getting to be better quality or is the quality of prior service not what it was, I know I have spoke with many on AD who were given incorrect info and were applying to programs they were eligible to apply for but not competitive at all.

Hello all. I am currently in the process for the upcoming Intel board in November. I am wondering about selection for Intel and if anyone knows the rate of selection percentage wise and if my scores and GPA are competitive. I have a degree in Interdisciplinary studies with areas of focus of Public Affairs and Education with a minor in Mathematics. I was a collegiate athlete and maintained a 3.163 GPA. I have currently been in Law enforcement for 4 years and was President of my academy class. Been on the SWAT team for the last two years and we are a very busy team. My OAR score was a 58, which I took last Thursday. Any help would be much appreciated.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello all. I am currently in the process for the upcoming Intel board in November. I am wondering about selection for Intel and if anyone knows the rate of selection percentage wise and if my scores and GPA are competitive. I have a degree in Interdisciplinary studies with areas of focus of Public Affairs and Education with a minor in Mathematics. I was a collegiate athlete and maintained a 3.163 GPA. I have currently been in Law enforcement for 4 years and was President of my academy class. Been on the SWAT team for the last two years and we are a very busy team. My OAR score was a 58, which I took last Thursday. Any help would be much appreciated.

Your GPA is below the norm. Any reason for applying for Intel and not other programs like SWO?

I am applying to Intel due to my Law Enforcement background and background in investigations, intelligence gathering, and tactical operations. SWO is my second choice followed by Supply.

exNavyOffRec

I am applying to Intel due to my Law Enforcement background and background in investigations, intelligence gathering, and tactical operations. SWO is my second choice followed by Supply.

The Intel officers I worked with did none of those things, they said it was a lot of interpreting info, writing and giving briefs, nearly all office work sitting behind a desk. You are looking at going from a high adrenaline job to staring at a computer screen for hours on end.

I haven't seen anyone picked for Supply that didn't put them either 1 or 2, SWO has to be 1 or 2

The Intel officers I worked with did none of those things, they said it was a lot of interpreting info, writing and giving briefs, nearly all office work sitting behind a desk. You are looking at going from a high adrenaline job to staring at a computer screen for hours on end.

I haven't seen anyone picked for Supply that didn't put them either 1 or 2, SWO has to be 1 or 2

Thank you sir for your honesty and your information. This has helped tremendously. My packet is being submitted for the intel board in November. Will I list SWO as a second option at this board? I haven't been told how to rank them or when to rank them. There is also a board coming up in December for both SWO and Intel I believe.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Scratch off supply as your third choice. I don't event think it will be reviewed if its your third or beyond choice. Also, you don't have a business or STEM related major which is what Supply is looking for.

App2123

Female, 32 y/o, non prior
OAR: 50
Undergrad/Grad GPA:
Bachelor of Science in Psychology, 3.8 /Masters in Forensic Science 3.7

I only qualify for Intel based on my qualifications. No Intel experience. Work background focused on Legal Assistance, had a short stint doing Fingerprint Examination for the Sheriff. Tried to apply for Intel Analyst with FBI in 2012 but couldn't get through the poly. Fishing for info on how I can improve my application. Should I retake the OAR and get a better score? LORs - do I send it to former employers? Teachers? Colleagues? I have no link to any politicians. Any input is appreciated. If I'm at the wrong forum, please send me to the right one. Thank you guys!

SoooooOLD

Looking at Intel. I'm interested in other positions, but I don't think I qualify for anything else due to my age. If anyone knows of any others that are available to me I'd be interested in learning about them.

Male, 30
Undergrad Poli Sci: 3.2
J.D. w/ Bar passage and license: 2.7ish (My recruiter said they won't look at my GPA from law school, is this correct?)
Member of honor societies in college and law school.

Physically: I'm small 5'3" 120lbs, but I max out the PT scores, I participated in sports in high school, college [leagues but not for the school] and law school. Captain of the Soccer team in high school and law school. I have some passing concerns that my interview process will go poorly due to my size because I "Don't fit the part" so to speak.

Currently working at a law firm, Director of an NGO out of the UN, volunteer in several environmental causes, appointed to an environmental commission in my town. Good leadership experience.

Former professional poker player (No idea if that would help at the boards)

Great political and professional LORs, but I don't know any Navy Officers. Any recommendations on where I can send some coffee and fruit baskets?

Taking the OAR tomorrow, feel good about it. I figure with my GPA I need to crush them.

I have the cleanest record one can have.

exNavyOffRec

Looking at Intel. I'm interested in other positions, but I don't think I qualify for anything else due to my age. If anyone knows of any others that are available to me I'd be interested in learning about them.

Male, 30
Undergrad Poli Sci: 3.2
J.D. w/ Bar passage and license: 2.7ish (My recruiter said they won't look at my GPA from law school, is this correct?)
Member of honor societies in college and law school.

Physically: I'm small 5'3" 120lbs, but I max out the PT scores, I participated in sports in high school, college [leagues but not for the school] and law school. Captain of the Soccer team in high school and law school. I have some passing concerns that my interview process will go poorly due to my size because I "Don't fit the part" so to speak.

Currently working at a law firm, Director of an NGO out of the UN, volunteer in several environmental causes, appointed to an environmental commission in my town. Good leadership experience.

Former professional poker player (No idea if that would help at the boards)

Great political and professional LORs, but I don't know any Navy Officers. Any recommendations on where I can send some coffee and fruit baskets?

Taking the OAR tomorrow, feel good about it. I figure with my GPA I need to crush them.

I have the cleanest record one can have.

You have to submit transcripts to all colleges you attended, even if you didn't need to your UG GPA is very low for Intel, but the fact you have a grad degree helps, but the GPA isn't good.

The OAR doesn't trump the GPA, that and degree are the main things they look for in regards to Intel.

SoooooOLD

Thank you for the reply. I'm correct in my assumption that my age DQs me for everything except Intel? I've never served.