• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What Not To Do While On Liberty In Turkey

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Agreed. "My wife and daughter will be proud of me when they have seen me in the video" seems like a bad translation from Google translate, not an American sailor on liberty.

The Turkish government has been moving more and more towards a conservative Islamic state in the past 5 to 10 years... The new president is no exception.

I'm about 90% certain this was a propaganda quote put out by state media... not an actual quote from a Sailor....

Kraftman42

I was on that deployment. We were in Marmaris, Turkey, our first port call. The guy was a PR1 and he ended up getting discharged. Obviously the whole ship was talking about it, so the Captain wanted to set the record straight. He addressed the crew over the 1MC and they even showed the clip from the Turkish news channel on ship TV; blurred naughty bits and all.