• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What Not To Do While On Liberty In Turkey

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
From the article:
“I hope these images will be broadcast in the US as well. My wife and daughter will be proud of me when they have seen me in the video. I believe that this activity takes guts, and I am happy to have done it,” said John, one of the soldiers who had a bird’s eye look at the beauty of Marmaris bare-naked.

That is a fishy looking quote. The use of "images," "activity" and "guts" seems off...especially all together in this one statement. Who talks like that after what had to be at least a few drinks?

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
There are much better activities to do in Turkey whilst naked than parasailing...

So what your trying to say is naked para-sailing isn't the preferred activity in Turkey? Damn, maybe I shouldn't rejoin the Navy. I always had this as my number 1 activity to do in Turkey! [/sarcasm]

I've never been to Turkey but I would like to go someday.

cameron172

pilot
From the article:
“I hope these images will be broadcast in the US as well. My wife and daughter will be proud of me when they have seen me in the video. I believe that this activity takes guts, and I am happy to have done it,” said John, one of the soldiers who had a bird’s eye look at the beauty of Marmaris bare-naked.

That is a fishy looking quote. The use of "images," "activity" and "guts" seems off...especially all together in this one statement. Who talks like that after what had to be at least a few drinks?

Agreed. "My wife and daughter will be proud of me when they have seen me in the video" seems like a bad translation from Google translate, not an American sailor on liberty.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Just don't go to the same bar in Izmir that I went into as a young skull-full-of-cottage-cheese MID ... :)

The bar owner took one look & fell 'in love' w/ my Madras sports jacket
and I kinda' knew I wasn't gettin' out of there alive with it on my back.

Sports coat on Liberty, you say ... ?? A FREAKIN' MADRAS ??!! HEY, it was a different time, guys :)

madrassportcoat.jpg

He bought it -- literally right off my back -- for @ 4 X what I paid for it.

That's MY version of 'foreign aid' ...(no 's' on 'aid', you fools)

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Am I the only person who was thinking; "aren't you worried about getting chaffing from the harness?"

HueyHornet75

pilot
in a land full of brothels, I can think of lots more activities I could do naked than being towed by a boat.