• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What kind of "cross-country" course is the PRT on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grose3

pilot
The in-PRT for API and the official PRT when you actually class up for API is based on your age. I am over 30 and had 13:45 to do both runs. I guess they put the mins for passing in the API packet at 12:00 because the majority of API students are age 20-24.

Rugger

Super Moderatress
Super Moderator
Contributor
I run pretty darn slow also, and my time on the chip trail was about 45 seconds slower than my last mile and a half, which was on a track. My roommate, a Whiting guy, thinks that the loss of traction from running on chips and assorted debris vice running on a groomed track accounts for my pathetically slow(er) time. I think (hope)it just takes some acclimation to running the cross country trail.

Cheers -
Rugger

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
I only ask because when I was there this morning, there was another guy running it that drove what I thought was a blue-ish jeep.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Originally posted by gatordev
The course itself would change over time. The first time I ran it, it was sand and wood chips. The second time it was sand. When I was leaving P'cola, they were going to move it to the brand new track they built where the course is, but maybe that was just a rumor.

No the rumor was true, they built the track. Nice rubberized surface, flat, and well maintained. Only problem.... they built it right next to the chip trail so that you can look over at it as you are running through ditches where wood chips used to be on the good old chip trails!! LOL

Also... BEWARE of the chipmunks!! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.