• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is this new, action Navy? Will someone just shoot me now?

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Which uniform shows cleavage? Did she get the "Counselor Troi" breastage mod authorized?

?

Lauren-Holly-Down-Periscope.jpg

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
There are 2 news items today about the Navy: (a) Congressional pressure has caused the Navy to reverse its plans for Navy chaplains to perform same-sex weedings - it seems the congressmen pointed out that it is contrary to federal law (the Defense of Marriage Act), and (b) We have started training the 1st female officers for nuclear sub duty in Groton, CT. If we called the 1st CVs & large combatants to deploy w/ male/female crews the "Love Boat", what, my gawd, will we call the 1st boomer deployment for 3+ months w/ female officers trapped w/ officers & EMs in very confined spaces? Ladies may make great submariners, but the start of this new policy will likely be difficult for all concerned.

I'm not looking forward to / or happy with the out of control obsession with 'diversity' and trying to shape the Navy to 'look more like the population of the United States', I think this runaway diversity is stupid, its a preocupation with the runaway public relations and branding that modern marketing study has brought us, and has the potential to seriously distract us from our primary mission which is F'ing things up and killing bad dudes...

The congressional legislation that kept homosexuals from serving was antiquainted, the reasons cited for trying to keep it in place were antiquainted. As it turns out the gayness isn't a communicable disease and most of the western world has generally come to accept it in some way, shape, or form.

When we brought women onto ships and let them start flying airplanes the fleet didn't sink, turns out were still pretty good at blowing things up. Putting a woman on a sub is simply an extension of that policy. It has its own technical challenges, but there are some smart chicks out there, and if they want to spend their lives in a tube underwater geeking out on some reactor while they can't get their fix with World of Warcraft and cosplay at ComicCon, more power to them. I know more than one guy who got nuke drafted because he was smart and they needed people on subs, and I know more than one woman who was told 'thanks for the enthusiasm but chicks aren't allowed on subs,' as if somehow their boobs and vag would cause a catastrophic mishap when 300ft under the water.

... So I have to agree Fog, the implementation of all these new policies will likely be the biggest shit show of this decade not because the policies are hard to implement, but because people are going out of their way to make it difficult. There are challenges to overcome with both issues, it doesn't need to be made harder artificially, but clearly thats what's going to happen.