• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is this new, action Navy? Will someone just shoot me now?

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
There are 2 news items today about the Navy: (a) Congressional pressure has caused the Navy to reverse its plans for Navy chaplains to perform same-sex weedings - it seems the congressmen pointed out that it is contrary to federal law (the Defense of Marriage Act), and (b) We have started training the 1st female officers for nuclear sub duty in Groton, CT. If we called the 1st CVs & large combatants to deploy w/ male/female crews the "Love Boat", what, my gawd, will we call the 1st boomer deployment for 3+ months w/ female officers trapped w/ officers & EMs in very confined spaces? Ladies may make great submariners, but the start of this new policy will likely be difficult for all concerned.

MasterBates

The funny thing.. About 1/2 my TAP class is mostly stoked about getting out, if only to avoid some of the upcoming shit shows.

MasterBates

You mean the half I am in?

At least the reserves sent a female recruiter who shows cleavage. That's the only good thing in TAP so far this week.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
You mean the half I am in?

At least the reserves sent a female recruiter who shows cleavage. That's the only good thing in TAP so far this week.

Which uniform shows cleavage? Did she get the "Counselor Troi" breastage mod authorized?

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
selfocus1.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The hierarchy & "leadership" in the "modern" Navy: *sigh* .... it's almost enough to make one "weep for the future of Naval Aviation" ...

58318457.jpg

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
I remember sitting at the bus stop in Lemoore, waiting for a ride to mainside after work. I overheard these two guys cussing up a storm...phuk this shit, this ain't my Navy, stupid policies, I don't need to take this shit anymore. That was in 1974. I suspect things will never change as I found myself saying similar things before my time was up.

Things just don't change that much.

The funny thing.. About 1/2 my TAP class is mostly stoked about getting out, if only to avoid some of the upcoming shit shows.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
... I overheard these two guys cussing up a storm...phuk this shit, this ain't my Navy, stupid policies, I don't need to take this shit anymore. That was in 1974 ... Things just don't change that much.
Roger that; but most of 'our' bitching revolved around sideburns, beards, 18 hour days during the turnaround, and Jimmy Carter.

C'est la difference !!! :);)

FlyinRock

Tomorrow is scheduled as "Diversity Day", a no fly day and all hands are required to attend for specific classes on the diversity of the personnel in the USAF. No way around it and that was strongly worded to attend. Many of us thought it was a rather queer schedule for Friday 13th ....... at LAFB