• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is OCS really like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogggystyle

Here you go:

http://www.geocities.com/frogggystyle/hobbies/ocs.html

Scroll down to the part where it says "What to expect at OCS" in big blue letters. It is all outlined from day 1 until you graduate.

aslam

I talked to a ENS who recently graduated OCS and was a Navy prior who went to bootcamp at Great Lakes. I asked about the differences and he said there is no comparison. Bootcamp for the enlisted is a joke compared to OCS. It's 8 weeks long and there are many more people in the class so people tend to get less of that "special" attention.

At least that is his angle.

ASLAM.

WFU2USN

Aslam, et al,

I have heard the same thing from other prior enlisted Ensigns. They said it was without a doubt a challenge for them, as well.

Good luck to all!

Robin

frogggystyle

I had ten years in before I went to OCS. It is much more challenging, structured, and stressful than boot camp ever was. I think the only thing I had on those who had never been in the military was just the initial confidence in knowing that I was going to get through it OK if I just did what I was told to do. Some people could not handle the Marine Corps DIs in their face or their yelling. I knew it was just for show to break people down.

That's about the only advantage I had. Well, that and starting out with a lot higher pay than non-priors when I got commissioned. hehe

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - General George Patton (1885-1945)

Status
Not open for further replies.