• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is issued to the new SNA's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DairyCreamer

I forgot I had my flight bag here at home... it's an E-6B, aluminium from Felsenthal. All I know is that this is what they issued Dad back in the day (1980).

I used to have a CR-2 laying around as well, doesn't appear to be in my flight bag at present. Doesn't it do the mach numbers at altitude a little better? Can't quite remember... I dunno, the E-6B is all I ever needed for my tests for the Private Pilot action, but yah, calculators are way more accurate anyway :)

Yay modern technology!

~Nate

PS - Undertow, a picture of an E-6B Computer is available here http://store6.yimg.com/I/flightgadgets_1758_1757326 just for your reference :)

Originally posted by Undertow
Dairy Creamer, I think you mean EA-6B Prowler

airwinger

pilot
They also issue a large ego....so you can walk into bars all over the country talk really loudly using your hands impressing little boys and other pilots :)

AviatorMR239

so the helmets come all white or stay that way? i.e. can i get some kick ass design airbrushed on it or the squadron logo or even a callsign in plain ordinary black block letters?

how about rainbow and unicorn decals?

a Fu*kengruven bumper sticker?

"pylut" written in magic marker?

rare21

pilot
Contributor
if you want to put decals might as well put a bullseye on the back of the helmet for your IP to throw things at you when you mess up. Thats probably the only thing that would get you. Seriously wait until you're a winged aviator to even think of that, I dont know, kinda looks arrogant for a student to me. In reality its gonna be white (due to the tape) , brand new helmets come dark dark gray, and you get your last name on the top front and a sticker with the next inspection date for your helmet.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The actual rules for the helmets state the amount of white has to be there (something like 2/3 or 3/4 surface area). You can put helmet covers to be "tactical." Of course, all of this is after flight school. One of the AWs that works for me put a big old gator head on the back of mine recently, which looks awesome. The catch is that just throwing a decal back there is different from doing actual helmet art. This AW actually used reflective tape, so it's completely legal. Some squadrons do a squadron thing (like HSL-49 has a scorpion on all theres, and the jet guys always do things like that). Like rare is saying, don't worry about that stuff until you're winged.

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
Originally posted by bch
all helmets are going to be covered with white reflective tape. Black visor (though they give you a clear one for night flights) and a boom mike.
My bad, I was talking about actual NA's not SNA's.

jdfairman

PHROGS 4EVER
Gentlemen... you are not going to believe this ****. Just got my gear issue today. Alot of the new students are going to be unable to obtain their leather flight jackets for about 5 or 6 months or until the issue point gets more in. The story at the supply building is that an animal rights group had sued the manufacturer of these jackets. All they had was size 42's, 48's and larger.

Status
Not open for further replies.