• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is "Inboard over Outboard"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTDaveMac

pineapplehead said:
Me too! Me too! That's how my dad taught my younger brother and I. My older siblings were taught by my mother, and they make fun of us for our weird shoe-tying technique. My little brother's a Marine now - I'll have to ask him if he relearned how to tie his shoes...

http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/twoloopknot.htm

The above link is the "bunny ear" method, which results in the exact same knot as the standard method. There is nothing wrong with it, except that you may be tying a slip knot if the loops are done the same way as the "starting knot." If you ARE, then your laces will get loose throughout the day. Take this guys advice and pull the loops out of your knot. If you end up with a square knot, then it is secure. If you don't, then it isn't.

Kycntryboy

pilot
Step 5 on the website seperates it from being a true 2- bunny ear tie, I'm going to start tying my shoes like that. Who ever thought that bunny ears would rule the day... ha ... take that highschool teasers. (I am also sure that this is going to be the longest conversion about shoe laces)

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Way back when....I had thin nylon speed laces with a locknut on them on my issue flight boots...until the safety police told us not to wear them as they were a FOD hazard.
I could put on a flight boot pull up both of the laces at the same time, push down the lock and wrap my laces under the velcro around the boot top in about 4 seconds.
Really helped on the alert 30s.
r/
G

heynowlookout

pilot
Contributor
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who spent way too much time analyzing and revising my shoe lace tying technique. Never been much for the bunny ears but I may convert for the secure knot.

Status
Not open for further replies.