• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is "Inboard over Outboard"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabre170

None
I saw that our shoes need to be laced Inboard over Outboard... is that left over right? What is inboard over outboard?

helmet91

contemplating applying again...
right over left...

attention to detail begins with your laces.

also, don't have "bridges." this means that the lace at your toes should be underneath, not on top.

H

Honour_Class

Actually, it is both. It simply means the inboard (inside of your foot) lace is always over the outboard (outside of your foot). Bridges are the crosspieces on the tongues of shoes that you can lace through to keep the tongue from moving around a lot.

helmet91

contemplating applying again...
interesting... my bad.

apparently things at Pensacola are different than at RTC Great Lakes. Assuming I get selected, I'd best change my mindset.

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
We were told to do this at the Maritime Academy where I went to school, and there is actually a very good reason why it is done. It's not done just to be an @ss.....it can actually prevent injuries.

EngineGirl

flashypants

Whoa.
pilot
EngineGirl said:
We were told to do this at the Maritime Academy where I went to school, and there is actually a very good reason why it is done. It's not done just to be an @ss.....it can actually prevent injuries.

EngineGirl

Hahahaha....sounds like a crock to me. Please do explain how it can prevent injuries, this should be good...

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
flashypants said:
Hahahaha....sounds like a crock to me. Please do explain how it can prevent injuries, this should be good...

Not the inboard over outboard, the bridges. Ever have to run up and the ladderwells/stairs/whatever on a ship? We were always told to not have bridges because the space could get caught on the bottom side of the stairs as we were going up and down them. One day on the ship, a guy was right behind me, running up the stairs during a fire drill, and something on the underside of the stair caught the bridge part of the shoelace because there was a space. It tripped him up and he fell brackwards, breaking his wrist. All because he had that little bridge on his shoelaces.

flashypants

Whoa.
pilot
Ok, the bridge thing seems slightly plausible, I thought you were talking about the inboard over outboard. Well, Marines lace their shoes up with a bridge, so I guess Marines are all tripping hazards.

Kycntryboy

pilot
Okay I know this is going to sound a little retarted, but I am probably the only person in this forum at least that ties thier shoes using the "Bunny Ear" ummm.. technique, should I learn how to tie it the other way or does it matter. (I learned it in pre-school and never thought about ever since, besides the occasional teasing)

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
yeah i think so... part of OCS is attention to detail and uniformity... even down to the way you lace your shoes. Also gives you an idea of how detailed RLP inspections are.

pineapplehead

BDCP Crypto, OCS - July 9, 2005
Kycntryboy said:
Okay I know this is going to sound a little retarted, but I am probably the only person in this forum at least that ties thier shoes using the "Bunny Ear" ummm.. technique, should I learn how to tie it the other way or does it matter. (I learned it in pre-school and never thought about ever since, besides the occasional teasing)

Me too! Me too! That's how my dad taught my younger brother and I. My older siblings were taught by my mother, and they make fun of us for our weird shoe-tying technique. My little brother's a Marine now - I'll have to ask him if he relearned how to tie his shoes...

Status
Not open for further replies.