• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is going on with OCS dates being moved to right?

Bevo16

pilot
Are you talking about BDCP candidates with enlistment salary? I am literally paying for college with that money so I would hope they arent going away with that

No, I am talking about kids who have signed ENLISTMENT contracts. TO BE ENLISTED in the NAVY. And it is their BONUS money that is going away.

Step away from the ledge and read for content.

blarged

ready
^^^Thank you.

My OR just called and said I'm back on for the 10th of May...I'm confused...and happy...and confused...

hah, maybe their testing your ability to not have a mental break down from making/breaking/rescheduling/finding out original plans are back on track...

hope the date works out for ya CRJockey!

Barino

Banned
Fine Line

Do not be concerned. While what Bevo postulates may have some bearing in reality, it is one person's perspective. The Navy is the Navy - one small turn on the gears at the top make the wheels spin at 500 MPH on the ground. This happens with truth and, unfortunately, rumor and speculation. The same OCS pushbacks for summer class happened last year, the year before, and the year before...

With respect to these types of matters, speculation makes up 95% of what is posted on the boards. Of course the difficult aspect is that when it is "you" being affected, any piece of data wants to be cycled into the pile of "information" being collected.

Please take what I say with a proverbial grain of salt as well. There are insiders lurking here abouts and they often do post when a thread gets sideways. I hope you hear from them soon.

Good luck!

B

"As long as we respond predictably to what feels good and what feels bad, it is easy for others to exploit our preferences for their own ends" Csikszentmihalyi, 1990).

kat27

I am waiting on my FS for SNA. My recruiter told me to expect to go to OCS in the fall because they are running out of money.

I am waiting on my FS for SNA. My recruiter told me to expect to go to OCS in the fall because they are running out of money.

Geez, that is no good....Well hopefully we don't have to wait that long, but if that is what we have to do then it is what it is. I guess I'll give my OR a call tomorrow and see what he has to say.

hornsfan

happy to be here
pilot
Do not be concerned. While what Bevo postulates may have some bearing in reality, it is one person's perspective.

Dude, seriously? Bevo works in BUPERS. I would venture to say hes an "insider".

Id listen to him if I were you.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I guess that we could give LT's the option to stay as fleet LT's instead of getting forced out if passed over. That could cut the need for producing new aviators. I don't hear anything like that being talked about though. The problems are not that deep right now.
The services can not do this on their own. It would take Congress passing a change to DOPMA for that to happen.

kat27

f4pride,
Yea I don't know...he said I could leave as early as three weeks because there might be some slots open to keep even numbers for women, or I will have to wait til fall. Crazy gap. Who knows...

RabidMoose

Are you sure all of this is true?? I just talked to my recruiter about it and she hasn't heard anything about class dates being pushed back. As of now i'm still june 21st....This would not be good however....ill be working at dunkin donuts or something with a civil engineering degree for a few months I suppose.

AntiSchmoe

Final Select SNA
Are you sure all of this is true?? I just talked to my recruiter about it and she hasn't heard anything about class dates being pushed back. As of now i'm still june 21st....This would not be good however....ill be working at dunkin donuts or something with a civil engineering degree for a few months I suppose.

Sounds like it. I got a call from my recruiter yesterday telling me to expect my class date to change (02 August).

EDIT: Expecting to be pushed to September.

Flyer09

Final Select NFO
NRD Detroit says the 10May class is still going as scheduled. It was going to be moved but the idea was quickly recinded and all told of the change were told to disregard and continue as planned.

Barino

Banned
Dude, seriously? Bevo works in BUPERS. I would venture to say hes an "insider".

Id listen to him if I were you.

I know where he works - I was just stressing that it was one person's perspective. Not a rebuke of his information. I was, as was Bevo, more concerned for the applicants clutching each tidbit, gouge dropping, and thread of data and processing it through the HAL 9000 to develop further speculative questions.

Thank you for the opportunity to comment.