• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

what if I have a record?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarhead7242

I am already a Marine in the reserves, activated though, and all of my prior convictions happened before I became a Marine. They are all in my SRB and I have already had them all waived before I joined. My question is can these still be used against me towards being selected for PLC?

My violations are:

1 Driving Under the Influence
2 Exhibition of speed

If I get them exponged will that make a difference?

Eagle32

I'm taking you to the looneybin.
Congratulations, you qualify. Seriously, I think you should be able to work it out.

SFgirl

I know of someone who got commissioned with a DUI, and I know of someone else who obtained one post commissioning and is still in...

jarhead7242

I will try and leave all of the SHMUCKERY behind me. :eek:

Who knows I might be a bigger shmuck when I come home from Iraq. :icon_smil

Thanks for the input from all. I will talk to the OSO when I get home. Meanwhile, I will remain motivated in this beautiful country where the locals don't like us too much and the water makes you sick.

jarhead7242

Haha, yeah didn't you know they are sending all of the Lance Corporals from Iraq to TBS to make us better followers.

The only thing TBS means to me is THIS BASE SUCKS.

snow85

Come on, the FBI would have given him twins!
you're not the first or last one...

getting your record expunged only helps in the non-military world. (out there, you can say that 'no, you have not ever been convicted of anything', and no one will be able to prove otherwise. in the military/ federal service, you still have to disclose your offenses, mainly because they will forever be in the national crime information center database.

disclose them. not doing so, and your recruiter finding out about them on his/her own will potentially point to lack of character and integrity on your part-- something that the military is definitely not seeking.

what you have is minor in the grand scheme of things, and 'understandable', so it shouldn't be too terribly detrimental.

Status
Not open for further replies.