• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What I need to know for ASTB if I want to be a Pilot

Skybound

Ruggers in the Sky Unite
I need some help. What should I be studying for the ASTB in order for me to get a score that will enable me to be a serious pilot candidate? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cobra Commander

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville
pilot
How familiar are you with thermodynamics, string theory, and advanced calculus? You should also brush up on generally accepted accounting princples and basic small unit tactics.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Personally, I'd get yourself familiar with advanced digital/analog data transmission techniques, as well as circuit analysis. With today's electric aircraft, you won't get far without it.

Skybound

Ruggers in the Sky Unite
Whoa. I was just wondering about the initial ASTB test for OCS. Enabling me to get into the pilot program. You know the test the asks about spatial perception, and naval aviation terminology.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Whoa. I was just wondering about the initial ASTB test for OCS. Enabling me to get into the pilot program. You know the test the asks about spatial perception, and naval aviation terminology.

Relax buddy, they're just messing with you.

Skybound

Ruggers in the Sky Unite
Thank God, I was about to crap a brick. My recruiter didn't tell me my first test was to plot a course to the crab nebula.

cwyx

then theres the new supplemental part of the test where the applicant must swallow a rubix cube, and when it comes out the other end, must be in the correct order...i had the most trouble with that one

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
How familiar are you with thermodynamics, string theory, and advanced calculus? You should also brush up on generally accepted accounting princples and basic small unit tactics.

Let's not forget about spacecraft attitude dynamics and control. Pretty up and coming with the space age...