• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What happens...?

fighterpfeif

I am final select for SNA and waiting to swear-in. I have this scenario going through my head. I swear in, get to OCS and find out that the Navy doesn't need any more SNA and I am in the Navy not flying or I can't pass the flight physical.

What would happen to a BDCPer who gets to OCS and finds out the Navy doesn't need them or they can't pass the flight physical for SNA. Would I have to select another community or be let go?

skizkit

Edited by HAL Pilot....

Skizkit - you know what they say about assumptions.....

If you do not know the answer or have the facts, don't reply with uneducated assumptions. Especially when someone is asking a question where the answer may be part of a life/career decision making process.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
joboy666 said:
Basically you signed up for 1395. If you can't do that, you go home or choose another designator. Bottom line.

Do most SNAs/SNFOs that encounter that type of problem choose to be let go?

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Just wait to see... a guy I knew at OCS was NPQed from pilot because of a back problem... he was a great guy, hard charger. Volunteered for SWO because he wanted to serve...

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
fighterpfeif said:
I am final select for SNA and waiting to swear-in. I have this scenario going through my head. I swear in, get to OCS and find out that the Navy doesn't need any more SNA and I am in the Navy not flying or I can't pass the flight physical.

What would happen to a BDCPer who gets to OCS and finds out the Navy doesn't need them or they can't pass the flight physical for SNA. Would I have to select another community or be let go?
I have this scenario where I'm surrounded by cheerleaders and......oh wait, nevermind.

Hmmm, wouldn't worry too much about the Navy not needing any more SNA's. If that's what you signed up for, and have been selected, it's pretty much a non-issue. Now, if you were to find yourself with a NAMI wami, the SWO community might take you under its wing.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
Now, if you were to find yourself with a NAMI wami, the SWO community might take you under its wing.

Shouldn't that be "under the heel of its shoe?"

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Does anyone know how this works on the Marine side of the house? Same way? A Lt. - who was working at the OSO office for a couple months last year while he was waiting - had some kind of medical problm with NAMI and could not be a pilot anymore. He was back in town waiting to go to school to be an ATC or something like that. I didnt feel right asking him back then, but I was always wondering if he chose (was given...whatever) a different MOS over getting out, or if he didnt even have a choice and had to do something else.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
Slammer2 said:
Does anyone know how this works on the Marine side of the house? Same way? A Lt. - who was working at the OSO office for a couple months last year while he was waiting - had some kind of medical problm with NAMI and could not be a pilot anymore. He was back in town waiting to go to school to be an ATC or something like that. I didnt feel right asking him back then, but I was always wondering if he chose (was given...whatever) a different MOS over getting out, or if he didnt even have a choice and had to do something else.

Negative on the getting out. The Marine Corps will redesignate you... needs of the Marines and your preferences taken into account and what not. Depending on timing, could get lucky, or could get the shaft. No going home- When everyone talks about having to want to be a Marine first, this makes some sense. There are some guys in IOC currently that attrited from the NFO program for different reasons. Both are happy to be there.

IOC-Infantry Officer Course