• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What happens when flight physical expires?

jtmedli

pilot
I don't know the answer, but since you guys aren't in a flight status, does the physical really expire? Sure a year is a long time, but it seems there would be more adminstrative flexibility with it.

Thats more or less what the doc told me. The physical doesn't expire, but the piece of paper in the back that has his signature on it and is last thing he fills out during the physical does have a date and has to be renewed.

Lonestar155

is good to go
Box, you'll be fine. Are you sure that is the date it expires? It is not one year from the date you took the physical, but rather when it was approved. I was wondering the same thing, but mine was approved 5 months after I took my physical, therefore it was good to go for a year and a five months. Does that make sense?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
You can get an extension, if need be. Mine expired on det in primary, and the flight doc just wrote another one extending it two weeks. Another time the audiology equip was down so I got a week extension to get it completed.

I'm sure, not being in a flight status, they could write an extension for you, with very little trouble, particularly because you'll have to see the doc again before you ever fly and they can do a whole 'nother flight physical then.

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
Your initial flight physical from before commissioning is good for 2 Years not 1 year. So it should not be a problem for most even if you are PLC and have to wait to class up for TBS after graduating, and if you are OCC you defiantly will have no problem. So quit your worrying.