• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What happens if you DOR API/primary as an OCS grad?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Am I guaranteed an admin sep offer?

Nope, not at all...

Due to under accessions in recent years the boards are more often redesignating individuals to other career fields vice letting individuals "get out of jail free". I've seen what happens when officers fresh from their accession programs DOR from API and the Chain of Command suspects they're doing it just to get out of the Navy... those individuals either went on IA or haze grey for the Navy to get their $$$ worth out of them.

I also know several officers who DOR'd from aviation in their fleet tour- every single one of them ended up getting out (which was what they wanted).

If you don't want to be in aviation that's fine. If you don't want to be in the Navy that's fine to... if you're truely miserable DOR and it may get better. It's going to be a long 10+ years ahead for you and everyone who has to deal with you not wanting to be there along the way.

So what's your issue with the Navy?

Jermaine

You definitely didn't. DOR find out what happens or continue with the syllabus and know it gets better. You are in API that is not aviation. At least try to fly. It really sounds like you didnt do research or know what you got into and just want to back out.

That's perhaps fair, but that is my current situation.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I bet it is, but I feel like the further in I get the harder it will be too get it, and I don't see my perspective changing.

Why are you being so cryptic? What is your issue with "living" the organization? You're in very early training, you aren't really living much.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
I bet it is, but I feel like the further in I get the harder it will be too get it, and I don't see my perspective changing.
Your perspective may change when you're 30, 40 or 50 and by then it'll be too late...that's why you should give Navy flying a shot now while you have the opportunity. Regardless, I wish you well in your journey. :)

Jermaine

Thank you all for the responses, I guess the truth is that "it depends". I've got a tough decision ahead of me and have the utmost respect and admiration for everyone in the community.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
@Jermaine the mods can keep the thread civil if you don't want your delicate sensibilities to be tested, but if you're coming here asking for help and then being cryptic with the information, I wouldn't expect much help. A lot of us here have been TRACOM IPs and have dealt with students' issues, so we may be able to give some perspective or advice. But you've got to give us a little more info.