• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What happens if you DOR API/primary as an OCS grad?

Jermaine

Hello,

From what I have read you will be sent in front of a POCR board and then the Navy will redesignate you where they please. Are you able to decline the redesignation and get an admin separation? I have read some threads on this and it seems as recently as 2014 they are admin separating even those who want to stay in, but what is the current situation? (Or what will it be in the coming months). I will be an OCS grad with zero debt to the USN.

Thank you

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
In the end it's all about timing man. I have several friends who were redesignated to other jobs within the Navy, and several more who became civilians. Some were DORs, some were academic drops. Just get down to Pensacola, kick butt and take names. Very rarely do people go "in debt" to the Navy, but you signed some documents saying the Navy can do what they wish with you for a certain number of years; be prepared to execute during those years.

Jermaine

Yeah I understand that, I just figured out a little too late that the Navy is not for me and am trying to see my options

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Yeah I understand that, I just figured out a little too late that the Navy is not for me and am trying to see my options

Are you currently in API? Did you DOR? How do you know? API is NOT the Navy... I noticed almost all of your posts were about joining then DOR-ing. What's the deal?

Jermaine

Are you currently in API? Did you DOR? How do you know? API is NOT the Navy... I noticed almost all of your posts were about joining then DOR-ing. What's the deal?
That is correct, I'm in API. No, I did not DOR out of fear of being redesignated instead of separated, and I understand API isn't the Navy.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
That is correct, I'm in API. No, I did not DOR out of fear of being redesignated instead of separated, and I understand API isn't the Navy.
Honestly the Navy owns you. DOR at your own fate. But you stick wth aviation you will see how awesome you have it. Guess you should have done more research before joining.

Jermaine

Honestly the Navy owns you. DOR at your own fate. But you stick wth aviation you will see how awesome you have it. Guess you should have done more research before joining.
I definitely did my research, but researching something and living it are completely different. I'm aware on paper the Navy owns me, however looking through post history there are posts by very reputable posters saying that the admin sep is always offered to OCS, etc.

Jermaine

Is it the Navy or is it aviation? If Navy what are your concerns?
It is the Navy. Well to be fair it is aviation but I'm very hesitant about getting put in another community and having the same issues show up for me without an out. NOR, would you happen to know recent trends? Am I guaranteed an admin sep offer? Most people I've talked to want to stay in, but I'm unsure if they were even offered bring able to leave.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
I realize you are hesitant to ask the folks in charge of you what's up. However, this is a question for your class advisor as to what the current state of DORs is. If you choose to stay and don't fail a test, that conversation will likely not follow you.

After reading your cryptic posts, I don't really know what you want. Is it to walk away from the Navy entirely after a DOR from API? If you make those intentions clear and don't owe Big Navy a contract, I don't see them forcibly pushing you to a boat. But again, you'll only get current policy from the folks who deal with this directly, and they work in the Schools Command building.

Mr Spenz

pilot
I definitely did my research, but researching something and living it are completely different. I'm aware on paper the Navy owns me, however looking through post history there are posts by very reputable posters saying that the admin sep is always offered to OCS, etc.
You definitely didn't. DOR find out what happens or continue with the syllabus and know it gets better. You are in API that is not aviation. At least try to fly. It really sounds like you didnt do research or know what you got into and just want to back out.

Mr Spenz

pilot
Just man up with your commitment and take what happens dont be a pussy and try to game it