• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What Happens Exactly

pdx

HSM Pilot
and if someone tells you to shave, GODDAMIT SHAVE!

No kidding.

"But sir, I just shaved 4 hours ago"

Who cares? This isn't a survey about your grooming habits, its an ORDER to not look like a bag of ass. If you are a Neanderthal caveman who has to shave every 3 hours to keep up a neat appearance, blame that on your genes rather than the Navy. At the end of a long day in the cockpit, people will cut you some slack. In NROTC, OCS, API, etc there is no sympathy to be had.

Also, if you are one of those baby faced guys that thinks he can go for two weeks without shaving, you might want to reevalutate. The sun catches blond fuzz pretty nicely and makes it stand out.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You will not have as much fun at VMI or the Citadel. You will probably have more fun in any California School. It all depends.

Good luck and try to keep a smile on your face...not when the DIs are in it though...

~D

Not entirely correct, at the military schools ROTC does very little for an indoc, they dont have to, instead they usually try to protect their scholarhip students to some extent in the hopes that studying will take place.

GT Propjock

Inform

It's different for each of the schools that has it.

We had INFORM at GT...it involved me looking like an a$$ and getting yelled at. But I learned:

1) How out of shape I was. (Got picked up by the van...better than getting run over by the van I guess)
2) My right from my left. (Midshipman-Candidate...CORRECT YOURSELF!)
3) My own personal limits of other people laughing at me. (suprisingly liberal)

We went from Atlanta to Kings Bay to tour a SSBN, to Mayport to tour and board the mighty DDG 963, USS Spruance and then to a speech given by then CNO Jay Johnson at NAS Cecil Field, Jacksonville. It lasted 7 days. I was glad to get back to Atlanta.

You will not have as much fun at VMI or the Citadel. You will probably have more fun in any California School. It all depends.

Good luck and try to keep a smile on your face...not when the DIs are in it though...

~D

Aww, come on. Having run inform a couple of times, I know it wasn't that bad. But, then again, it would depend on when you went.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not entirely correct, at the military schools ROTC does very little for an indoc, they dont have to, instead they usually try to protect their scholarhip students to some extent in the hopes that studying will take place.

I got no indoc from the Navy unit when I went to the Citadel, it was all done by the school. The two scholarship guys we had in the beginning were looked after by the unit, like you said above. One of them went to MIT starting second semester anyways, he was not a good fit for the school.