• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What Happens Exactly

chenama

during NROTC Orientation week?
day by day basis pweeeeseee :)

oh, and tell me about the fun parts and the crappy parts :tongue2_1

******* the "pweesee" and faces are a JOKE. it's not that serious. ********

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

I'll tel you this: using "pweeeseee" isn't going to win you any points.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor

Depends on the school...

edit: yeah, knock off that gayness...

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
It's different for each of the schools that has it.

We had INFORM at GT...it involved me looking like an a$$ and getting yelled at. But I learned:

1) How out of shape I was. (Got picked up by the van...better than getting run over by the van I guess)
2) My right from my left. (Midshipman-Candidate...CORRECT YOURSELF!)
3) My own personal limits of other people laughing at me. (suprisingly liberal)

We went from Atlanta to Kings Bay to tour a SSBN, to Mayport to tour and board the mighty DDG 963, USS Spruance and then to a speech given by then CNO Jay Johnson at NAS Cecil Field, Jacksonville. It lasted 7 days. I was glad to get back to Atlanta.

You will not have as much fun at VMI or the Citadel. You will probably have more fun in any California School. It all depends.

Good luck and try to keep a smile on your face...not when the DIs are in it though...

~D

chenama

It's different for each of the schools that has it.

We had INFORM at GT...it involved me looking like an a$$ and getting yelled at. But I learned:

1) How out of shape I was. (Got picked up by the van...better than getting run over by the van I guess)
2) My right from my left. (Midshipman-Candidate...CORRECT YOURSELF!)
3) My own personal limits of other people laughing at me. (suprisingly liberal)

We went from Atlanta to Kings Bay to tour a SSBN, to Mayport to tour and board the mighty DDG 963, USS Spruance and then to a speech given by then CNO Jay Johnson at NAS Cecil Field, Jacksonville. It lasted 7 days. I was glad to get back to Atlanta.

You will not have as much fun at VMI or the Citadel. You will probably have more fun in any California School. It all depends.

Good luck and try to keep a smile on your face...not when the DIs are in it though...

~D

thanks for the information chunks! i have a feeling now that i'll see a bunch of people doing a 100 pushups and running an 8 miunte 1.5 miler. im preparing for the embarassment now.

navychick

Have Fun!

Oh its a blast! I had all Marines (GySgt, SSgt's, sgt's, you name it!) in charge of my Orientation week, and let me tell you...just try not to be "that guy" that stands out. Keep quite, listen, learn, and DONT fall asleep during lectures! I had a problem not laughing sometimes from what the DI's would say to other candidates, as well as myself, and got in a lot of trouble. But after its all over, it was worth it.

This past fall I was an instructor there. I had the best time. Just remember, the instructors are trying to make your life miserable and are laughing behing your backs. Dont take it too seriously.

flysupertomcat

Jim told me I can buy Gaydar online
It's not that bad, just make sure you're in good enough shape that you don't stand out (in a bad way). Be ready for a lot of yelling, long days, and feeling like a total noob because you are.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

******* the "pweesee" and faces are a JOKE. it's not that serious. ********
Every school has their own version and often it can change from year to year. Nobody here is going to be able to give you a day by day, hour by hour agenda of NROTC orientiation week.

Shakey

I'm talkin, G-5...!
pilot
With us, it was a combination of getting yelled at, endless briefings from the 10th plain of hell, and sleep dreprivation. Despite the intensity, I actually expected it to be much harder than it was. The greatest challenge for many of us, was staying awake during the briefings - I've never been so exhausted. I would literally fall asleep and not even know it, until Gunny gave me wake-up call. Oh, and be prepared to do some swiming (not that tough though).

P.S. Do not try "pweesee" on any of your instructors.

navychick

Funny Story...

You guys were lucky to get the schedule. We never had any idea what was going on when I went through. The instructors of my class did something very funny though (which I repeated during my time as an instructor)

It was the 3rd or 4th day of O-Week, and everyone was tired and beat from the lack of sleep and the heat, and the non stop drilling! So, it was afternoon, and we had been driling for a couple of hours, and the instructors said that since we had been doind such a good job on the drill deck that we could go inside and watch a movie. Of course, nobody believed them, but a couple of minutes later we were all in the lecture hall, lights out, told that we could relax and Saving Private Ryan was put in. The first few minutes go by, everyone calms down and really believes that we get to watch a movie. 5 minutes in, just before they storm the beach...the screen scrambles and the face of one of our DI's comes onto the screen and he starts yelling at us to get back on the Drill Deck. Then we were surrounding by all of the instructors yelling at as to get up...it was so damn funny!