• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What happened to everyone's mini-wings on their profile?

ARAMP1

Aviator Extraordinaire
pilot
None
Did they go away, or did I inadvertently switch what I see to the O-F-F position?

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
They disappeared with the forum software update per the thread posted by webmaster, they'll be back up again at some point.

Edit: linky

ARAMP1

Aviator Extraordinaire
pilot
None
Just curious about your user name...something to do with the Danish astronomer or the guitar pedals?

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Just curious about your user name...something to do with the Danish astronomer or the guitar pedals?
It's a reference to the movie "I Love You, Man" starring Paul Rudd and Jason Segal. They give each other nicknames by putting "bro" into random people's names, e.g. Bro Montana, Tycho Brohe, and Broseph Goebbels.

ARAMP1

Aviator Extraordinaire
pilot
None
Guess there's still no senior pilot wings in the works?

I can get into MS paint and draw some up in a few minutes if it would help.

Semi-joking/serious.

Last edited:

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Does this mean tapatalk access is also in the pipeline? :)
Outlook? Not likely....

The Tapatalk program originally was not very invasive, but I have had some concerns with all the calls to the database file behind the scenes. I think some of the website crashes (database table corruption and locking) may have been attributed to using this add on. Stock and non modified forum software has been running like a champ over the last month. Only issue we have had was a cut fiber line to the data center where the AW server is at.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Guess there's still no senior pilot wings in the works?

I can get into MS paint and draw some up in a few minutes if it would help.

Semi-joking/serious.
it is actually easier to do the wings now with the new software, and I don't have to recode it with every upgrade. I may be able to do this. No promises.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Outlook? Not likely....

That is sad. Your logic makes perfect sense but it doesn't mean I won't miss the ease of lurking and stalking the boards from my cell phone. Oh well, at least I can still do the same with the internet browser.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Maybe when Webmaster gets done lolly gagging around the country, we'll see them again. Or not.