• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What form or template do I use for Letters of Recommendation’s?

MrCorsair

Hello guys! I am currently in the beginning stages of building a packet for Naval Aviator. My recruiter told me I needed 3 LOR’s and I got all 3 of them chosen already. However, I have no idea what template to use for this? Should I use a DD 370 form or do you just type one up in like a word document and just make sure they sign them? I am a civilian with no prior experience.

Does anyone have a LOR template or something they could send me or link in the replies so I can look and see how y’all did it? Thanks.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello guys! I am currently in the beginning stages of building a packet for Naval Aviator. My recruiter told me I needed 3 LOR’s and I got all 3 of them chosen already. However, I have no idea what template to use for this? Should I use a DD 370 form or do you just type one up in like a word document and just make sure they sign them? I am a civilian with no prior experience.

Does anyone have a LOR template or something they could send me or link in the replies so I can look and see how y’all did it? Thanks.

As what @exNavyOffRec said, no LORs needed for aviation. If you have specific questions about your application why not ask your recruiter?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
They may not be needed, but wont a few strong LOR’s hold any leverage for my packet? I’ve heard of LOR’s making a difference. Sorry for my ignorance, just wondering.
Not for aviation. If you want a knockout punch in your application do well on the astb.

dav246

I had to get 5 of them for Marine Corps OCS, but my OSO sent me a template that I just gave to my unsuspecting victims. But I was also told they would have zero weight for Air contract consideration and the big ticket items were ASTB score and PFT score.

Beaker18

A crucial component of naval aviation (really military aviation at large for that matter) is to focus on what matters. If people with experience in this process are telling you LORs don’t matter and to focus on your test results, I would focus on the tests to maximize your score.

exNavyOffRec

They may not be needed, but wont a few strong LOR’s hold any leverage for my packet? I’ve heard of LOR’s making a difference. Sorry for my ignorance, just wondering.
In a few specific designators they can be beneficial but often not as people get LOR's from people that are essentially useless.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
There is no particular template for LORs I don't think. I have written many, and most of my horses have been ridden (actually, my modesty isn't appropriate here, all 11 navy ones, and an additional 4 airline LORs were all selected, for a 100% success rate). I guess *I* have a template for mine. It normally starts out with "looks great in khakis and f***s hard" (yes, this was a real line in a real LOR that wasn't mine, many years ago to a prestigious school of naval aviation)

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
There is no particular template for LORs I don't think. I have written many, and most of my horses have been ridden (actually, my modesty isn't appropriate here, all 11 navy ones, and an additional 4 airline LORs were all selected, for a 100% success rate). I guess *I* have a template for mine. It normally starts out with "looks great in khakis and f***s hard" (yes, this was a real line in a real LOR that wasn't mine, many years ago to a prestigious school of naval aviation)
An effective LOR is like a good woman's cocktail dress. Long enough to cover the essentials, yet short enough to pique the interest.