• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What exactly requires a drug waiver?

SaltySeld

Hello airwarriors,

I’m considering applying to commission in the navy via OCS. I’ve been doing some reading, and wanted to ask what exactly requires a drug waiver?

Long story short, I smoked marijauna exactly one time, my freshman year in college 5 years ago. It made my lungs feel like shit and I never did it again. I’ve never used any other drugs. Will this require a drug waiver?

exNavyOffRec

Hello airwarriors,

I’m considering applying to commission in the navy via OCS. I’ve been doing some reading, and wanted to ask what exactly requires a drug waiver?

Long story short, I smoked marijauna exactly one time, my freshman year in college 5 years ago. It made my lungs feel like shit and I never did it again. I’ve never used any other drugs. Will this require a drug waiver?
tell your recruiter, you will be fine.

LawDawg740

^^^ what the person above who was answering questions over a year ago when I commissioned said. Disclose it and say exactly that. You'll be, as the kids, say, gucci.

SaltySeld

No it won’t.

Don’t be afraid to ask these sort of questions along with other basic eligibility and process questions to your recruiter.
^^^ what the person above who was answering questions over a year ago when I commissioned said. Disclose it and say exactly that. You'll be, as the kids, say, gucci.
tell your recruiter, you will be fine.

Thanks all, glad to hear it. If you don’t mind a follow up question, what is the difference between a drug waiver and a form 9b/apsr? I’ve read about both of these on here, and don’t quite understand the difference. I think one gets seen by the application board and another doesn’t?

Thanks in advance.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Thanks all, glad to hear it. If you don’t mind a follow up question, what is the difference between a drug waiver and a form 9b/apsr? I’ve read about both of these on here, and don’t quite understand the difference. I think one gets seen by the application board and another doesn’t?

Thanks in advance.

Form 9b simply asks to list your drug history. Depending on what drugs and how many times you’ve used drugs will dictate if you need a waiver or not.

Once again, ask your recruiter if in doubt.