• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

what does NFO do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zwinger

am active enlisted tring to go officer through seaman to admiral and i was want to become a pilot, but the way the navy is going with the pilot slots i am also thinking of becoming am NFO. can any tell me what exactly does NFO do?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Search this forum and the www for Naval Flight Officer or SNFO. Lots of good info here.

All kidding aside, work on your english language skills, too. Specifically spelling and grammar. Nothing will get an STA's essay knocked out of the running quicker than basic grammatical problems, spelling, etc.

Good Luck.

KBayDog

Schnuggapup said:
work on your english

Sorry, had to ;)

Seriously, great advice. We "oscifers" don't really need to know what we are talking about. We just need to make it LOOK like we do.

Hence why the very first TBS class (even prior to the chaplain's brief!) is Writing Skills.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Chris Hill said:
I'm not sure what percent gets jets, though...

LOL! I was seriously thinking the 'what do NFOs do' question was dangerously approaching 'what % get jets' territory ;)

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
mostly they ***** about the temp in the back, or that you're yanking and banking too much. I think they do some other tactical stuff, but i'm not sure.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
PropStop said:
mostly they ***** about the temp in the back, or that you're yanking and banking too much. I think they do some other tactical stuff, but i'm not sure.

Do they bring you your boxed lunch?

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
PropStop said:
If i tell them too! I'm a PILOT damnit!
Was that in a whiny pilot voice?

bn.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Quote: "Was that in a whiny pilot voice?......."
bn1yb.jpg
dangling_carrot_mule_lg_wm.gif
...Quote: "Now turn right..."

*SIGH* ... and now we have the disgraceful spectacle of NFO's talking smack to Aviators ... *SIGH* ... I will weep for your NFO soul(s) ...

the HORROR ...
an340ku.jpg
die4.jpg
... ...THE HORROR ...

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lovin' It...

:) Thank you.:)

:D He who laughs, lasts. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.