• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What do you think?

FDX

It's mind games!
Applying for BDCP, SNA only
Astb results: 6/7/6 49 (my first time taking it)

GPA is 3.3 I work two jobs, 30-50 hours a week, one of which is my
own business which I started three years ago. With these jobs I have
put myself through college and flight school. I have my ppl with
about 80 hours of flight time.
I have outstanding work ethic (backed up by three LOR's, my boss, and
two long time clients).
I also have an intense desire to fly backed by six LOR's from military pilots.
1 O-6
1 O-5
1 O-4
Two other Air force pilots (both Lt. Col's), and an 18 year civilin
American Airlines Captain.

Unfortunately I have no sports. My father died when I was 14 and as a
result I have had to help my mother by working, leaving no time for
sports during high school or college. However, my p/u are 84 in 2:00
min, s/u 105 in 2:00 min, and I run 1.5 mi in about 9:50. I had prk 3
months ago and my vision has stabalized at slightly better than 20/20.

I know that they look at the "whole" person, and in light of that, do
you think I should submit as is, or should I take the astb again?
My recruiter has been pretty much unreachable lately due to whatever so he hasn't given me his opinion yet. What do you guys think?

navyboy4415

Retake the ASTB. Raise your OAR to 55+. Other then that you look very solid. The 49 on your ASTB is hurting you though. Use the study guides and if your not applying for a while maybe try taking a physics or math course. Good luck!

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
I had a 7/8/7 AOR53

My LOR's were a little more powerful
Two O-8's (Navy and AF, both pilots)
One O-7 (Navy)
Two O-5's (My commander and ROTC commander as well as a prof of mine)
One E-9 (my cmsgt)

Beyond that I was in sports and was an officer in a lot of clubs through out college. My GPA was a 3.66 with a shitty major... Also I was a SSGT in the ANG and had a Pilots License with 65 hours.

I was not picked up until my third board for pilot. The weak link was my ASTB score according to some feedback I got...

Just study up and keep plugging away and do anything and everything you can to improve yourself!

EDIT: I just realized you are trying for BCDP and I applied for OCS so my information may not be very valid.!

Srtitan89

I was under the impression work counts towards extracurriculars, especially if it was to support your family; the military realizes that working 40 hours a week to put food on the table brings more responsibility than being captain of a football team. The only thing that seems weak is your test score.

Rasczak

Marine
Use the search function, look up the stats thread and compare yourself to those people in there. It will give you an idea of what you need to do. Look up all the other "what do you think" threads and see what other "saltier" people have responded.