• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodenkey

I'm in college and graduating early this December. Just recently I was thinking about joining the Navy, pilot would be great. I'm just wondering what are the chances of getting such a slot? I have a 2.9 (so so) in Biology, but no flying background. Do I have any shot? I am not worried about the pushups, etc...and I don't mean to brag, but I plan on having very high on all of those physical tests. Even if I did fairly well on the Officer Test I'm still unsure. But what I'm worried about is my GPA and no flying background. What do you guys think? Just off the wall opinions? Thanks.

ghost_ttu

I would say this fiscal year would be a no go. There are only 46 slots and they are looking for a 3.2 and high scores. BUT you could get in the system and get your test done and apply the worst they can say is no, but try to time it so that when you put your next application in they are taking them for FY05 (if you are declined) and if you get a chance to get flight time it wouldn't hurt, but it's probably not going to help much if you don't get your ppl. Just my opinion don't take it to the bank.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

ryan77

I would always suggest applying - the application process isn't difficult at all if this is a career you're interested in. The GPA restrictions and slot allocations are always changing as nothing is ever set in stone. I would NOT base my decision on applying according to what this week's rumors are about available slots and GPA restrictions. These things change very often.

It is true that the board seems to value candidates with flying experience or extraordinary academic backgrounds but you never know what could happen when the board evaluates you - if you kick ass on the PFT, have good recommendations, and do well on the Officer Test I think you have credible shot at getting what you want.

woodenkey

I also heard that non-aviation commissioned officers can enter the naval aviation program, NAS? Is that true? So if I get accepted into OCS, finish my 13 weeks, I can go into the aviation program? I'm probably wrong, do you guys know what I mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.