• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What do we wear at OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksn00

Have a silver helmet with your name (spelled incorrectly) on it. Usually something with a Bulldog on it will do. Remember to tell the Candios that they have only been in the Navy 13 weeks longer than you and are not yet officers, so are in no position to be yelling at you.

Seriously though, pray for GySgt Watson as your class DI, he is a big softy (away from the other DIs).

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
Hey!!! I was serious! I'm going to show up in stilletos and my Coast Guard Pride shirt....and I thought the funniest post was the one where all the DI's tricked version2.O, or whatever his name was, into telling all the crap he did...that was classic.

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
ksn00 said:
Seriously though, pray for GySgt Watson as your class DI, he is a big softy (away from the other DIs).

Yeah, he's right on the money here. Watson is by far the teddy bear. I mean, this picture may make him look like he's mean, but he was really just lecturing a Poopie for not taking a deep, introspective look at his emotional uniqueness, self-worth and beauty.
crysmc-WATSON.JPG
Seriously.

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
Ahhhhh...thanks Crystal! I feel so much better about OCS now. I'm so happy that they have caught up to the 21st century. I'm so glad the military focuses on the individual now, and not the team!!! Hey, do you think that they do Yoga for PT now?

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
erinleigh31 said:
Ahhhhh...thanks Crystal! I feel so much better about OCS now. I'm so happy that they have caught up to the 21st century. I'm so glad the military focuses on the individual now, and not the team!!! Hey, do you think that they do Yoga for PT now?

Yoga has definitely been added to the program, in the SUYA... you just lay out your yoga mat and you're cushioned by all of the soft, dry sand. The DI throws on some Enya and I hear it's quite peaceful.

04Hopeful

EA3 -> IS3 -> Intel O1(hopefully)
I think all of this can be evidenced by the fact that all individuals in the picture have chosen on their own free will to only wear their left sock. I mean isn't that the latest trend? ;-)

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
NuSnake said:
Quick question...for you guys that have already gone to OCS, for our first day, what is "appropriate civilian attire"? Thanks

In all seriousness, if you're checking in during hot weather, wear your sneakers, and a T-shirt and shorts will work. One of our guys showed up with sandals...not the best move.

Status
Not open for further replies.